So, I just picked up a Glock 23

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by integroid, Jan 28, 2012.

1. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Can someone recommend me some good .40 caliber ammo? I want to get something that Ican keep in the house for home protection. I just dont want to get raped and buy really expensive ammo if it isnt necessary.

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

bought some winchester 'premium' ammo couple days ago for my keltec. its hollow point, and decent ammo. but it like $23 for 20rnds. might be something cheaper out there, but my walmart was WIPED out

3. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Federal hydra-shoks is my SD ammo of choice. Speer gold
    Dots are also a great choice.

4. integroid

here can I get this from?

5. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

any type should do the job.

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

7. t3chn0rem1x

t3chn0rem1x Member

federal is good and cheap, but .40 cal is more expensive anyways

8. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House!: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; HTC_Amaze_4G Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

If you are only keeping this in the home and are worried about ricochets or hitting a family member on the other side of a wall...you might want to consider pre-fragmented/frangible ammo.

Such as: http://magsafeonline.com

9. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Remmington Golden Saber is the industry standard for hollow points, everything else is pretty much measured against it. FYI.

10. techlord

techlord Active Member

Hornady Zombie Killers

11. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

The ammo that you will keep loaded you will most likely never even shoot (other than a little bit of practice), so don't worry about it costing a little more than range/practice ammo

12. Banana

Banana Member

+1 for federal hydra shock, what I keep in my glock.

13. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

14. integroid

Thanks Doug for the link and everyone else that chimed in.

I ended up getting the Winchester Bonded. I read great reviews about it, it was relatively cheap, and was easily available at my local walmart.

15. b reel

b reel Active Member

now that you are armed and extremely dangerous, you and the wife need to take a gun safety course. This way you don't shoot yourself in the hand or shoot your lover in the thigh.

16. integroid

what makes you think this is my first gun purchase? I was just adding to the guns I already had. I came across a great deal on the Glock and I couldn't pass it up. I do need to take the wife to a gun safety course.

17. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

A little late to the game, but I'm using Federal HSTs.