So I saw a GTR in person....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dontcallitarex, Sep 1, 2008.

1. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

I'm on vacation in daytona with my Dad and we stopped by the local Nissan dealer to look at Zs (dads thinking of getting one). And I spot these two win-mobiles through the front glass.

They're so much more beautiful in person. :drool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only thing is that they're currently selling with a 25000 dollar markup. :eek3: To me that's some serious weaksauce. These things sticker at 73 and they're going for 98-100k. :pssh:

Anyway, discuss. :)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I think it'll be the perfect FastLife Magazine company car...

Can you believe I called Regal Nissan asking about it and they told me they were on a waiting list until 2010...and then the guy offered me the New Maxima?

3. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Yeah these guys said that they had a waiting list of something like 30 people and they'll be getting 5 per year.

Which means you're gonna wait like six years. Lame.

4. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Seriously? I'm sure a few would be selling used next year, that's so retarded.

5. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

And isn't the vspec coming out soon?

6. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

there are three here in canton...

7. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

I dream of test driving one in 2020 with zero markup

8. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

lol... why not just wait till there is a used one for sale and test drive it... wont have to wait as long!

9. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

perhaps I should clearify, my test drives are meant to be a pre-drives with the notion of wanting to buy. If i want to simply drive, I would call it a joy ride :D, but you are right though, it is a smart way to get a drive with the car.

10. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Its an amazing car, but that mark-up is rediculous... I could see 3, 4..maybe 5 grand. But 25K? Screw that, I'm going to get a Z06 with my 70k... (If I had it :) )

11. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

eh, id rather have a porche gt3 with no wait time.

12. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

There couldn't be too long of a waiting list if they have two cars sitting there on the showroom floor. I am sure if you had $70K in your pocket, you wouldn't pay a dealer markup.

13. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

GT3 is about 125k without options, they too also have a large premium

14. longfury

longfury Active Member

Yeah, the car is amazing. Its a technical wonder. As fast as it is and as well as it handles there is just something that keeps it from being a dream car. I would take a R32-34 in a heartbeat but this car I would pass over.

I would take a Corvette Z06,ZR1 or a Porsche GT3 before I would consider a GT-R.

15. Deke

Deke Active Member

I just saw one in person for the first time on Peachtree the other day. They are definitely the sex.

As for the mark up, while it is pretty ridiculous, it's always the case with new, limited production vehicles. Hell, remember that custom painted red STi that SOG was trying to sell. And anyways, it's no where near the markup that I've been hearing the ZR1 has.

http://jalopnik.com/396780/dea...13000

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  16. WJM

WJM Banned

They have RE070 RFT tires on them. 285 rear and 255 front.

20 inch rimz tho...so no way those are going to fit on my Legacy or anyones STi.

Very 'meh' over the whole deal.

Corvette C6 Z06 FTW over this thing.

17. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Saw a silver GTR on Haynes bridge a week or so ago. I would take the GTR over a Z06. Much better daily driver and alot less handful for the track. So much more tech to drool over in a GTR also.

GT3 over both but that's a whole other price bracket, still might choose a GTR and use the extra for upgrades.

18. totsubo

totsubo Member

I would get a GT3 if the prices were the same. Maybe even a ZR1... but eventually I would get the GT-R.

19. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I think its pretty ugmo. $100k for a Nissan?!? No Sir.

But to be fair, I don't think I could ever pay more than $50k for a car even if I were a bajillionair.