so much for selling the wrx

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by scuby drew, Jun 18, 2005.

1. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

i wasnt able to make it to the mountain run today, but i was up in the mountains around lake burton. i took my friend out for a ride in the wrx as we were headed to pick up dinner. i was driving slow due to bad tires and wet roads, well come around a corner doing about 40 or so just cruising in 4th, nothing too serious, and some how end up up hitting third instead of 5th after the corner. bad newssss on almost bald tires. car gets spinning, i slide about 150 ft and nail a tree that saves me from sliding down the side of the cliff and into the lake from about 50 ft up. took out a 18 in white pine with my right rear qtr panel. I am thinking the car is totalled, the back qtr panel is destroyed along with several good sized dents and scratches along the passenger side. the tire is pushed up through the right rear door, along with a completely snapped a arm and torn up sway bar. not sure how much damage was done to the rear diff. but im sure we will be able to tell in the morning....well pretty crappy day and the parents are going to kill me when i show up with my car on a trailer in the morning. so much for selling the reeeeeex

drew

2. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

i'm sorry to hear that man. are you and your friend okay though?

3. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

damn another bugeye bites the dust. i hope you and your friend are ok. sorry to hear bout the suby.:(

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

All that is truly important is that you two are fine. The car is only a car...

Sounds quite traumatic, glad to hear both of you made it through it.

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

glad you and your friends are ok drew!! alex is right..a car is replaceable..people are not..

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

hope u guys are ok... i also hope people learn a lesson from ur experience and NEVER drive on bad tires... tires are probably the single most important part of ur car since its the only part that makes contact with the ground

7. scuby drew

well the reality of it all has finally set in the day, my friend is alright, but i have pretty bad whip last and a sliced up foot from the glass. milo is right about the tires and im still kicking my self about why i was driving with those on when i have my new rims and tires sitting in a garage. tomorrow will be filled with talkin to various body shops etc...anyone know of any good body shops with reasonable prices?

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Depending on your insurance carrier, classic's bodyshop actually does good work. Its just dealing with them that sucks. World One Collision, Classic Collision (in Buckhead) are good to just throw out a few names.

9. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

sorry man.

if it does get totalled are you selling the motor? im interested.

10. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

He, he, I wondered how long it would take for a vulture to appear. (No offense Fellthebreak, I am a vulture too). Glad you're okay and let us know when the part ou...I mean, if it can be fixed or not. (Just wondering if you want it fixed or want it totaled as you were planning on getting rid of it anyways...)

11. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

damn drew really sorry to hear about the accident...that was a real sweet bugeye...i hope it's salvagable...i wish i would have read your post that morning of the run then i would have called you and you would have met up with us....not that'd make a difference i guess but glad to hear your physically fine..

12. scuby drew

i am not really sure what i am wanting to happen with the car, i guess i will have a better idea of what to do after i take it to a few shops tomorrow and get them to look at how bad the suspension and possibly the rear diff are messed up. i love the bugeyes and really dont want to part with it or have any other type of car, but i was very impressed when i went and test drove an 03 zo6 and the new c6....but who knows what will happen. if i do turn it in to insurance be looking for a quick part out of sti tmic, hks dp, nur spec r, boost gauge, injectors and a few other odds and ends and possibly the vf22

pics to come in the am

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  13. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

drew, glad to hear you are okay!!! that is the main thing...

really sorry to hear about the car. hope things work out for ya.

-drums

14. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

I would suggest Gwinnett Collision. I will never in my life recommend Classic Collision, I have had so many problems with them. They didn't even sand down the body parts before painting them (which makes for an insurance acceptable paintjob, but not a good one and my paint is chipping after only a year).

15. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

i've heard of terrible impacts in IMprezas, and rarely ever heard of anything serious in the way of injury.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  16. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

i just had all of my bodywork done by ed voyles bodyshop on cobb parkway after getting hit. they did an excellent job on the bodywork they did however miss spotting a broken transmission mount but they fixed it after taking it back a second time. they did a good job repairing the suspension parts on my car also. i was hit in the front drivers side fender by a minivan and it pushed the wheel into the fenderwells and then into a curb smashing up the other side. i can`t even tell anything happened now drives like before and looks great.

17. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

Ed Voyles did my work too. Likewise, they did a great job. Be forewarned, they did drop their subaru dealership if that matters to you. But I was very pleased with the work done and even when they found extra items that needed to be fixed, they were done by the originally scheduled time. I have no complaints whatsoever.

18. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

gerber collision next to SOG did some body work on my car and it turned out pretty good

19. scuby drew

well took the car to gwinnett collision today after talking to numerous people that spoke highly of them. we were very impressed with marty the owner and his work, but it doesnt look so bringht for the wrx. at first glance from 20 feet away he said 6k in body damage alone, then after looking the car over in a little bit greater detail he said it is probably going to be more like 10k+ by the time everything is done, so now the big wait to see what insurance has to say about it and then the biiiig decision of whether or not to total it. if we do decide to fix it, it will take 6-8. that is going to suck driving my 86 bronco on 38's as a daily driver. ill keep everyone posted on the process and whether or not i will be parting out the car. and today the physical pains of the wreck have been realized as i can not lift my left arm up to play tennis.
    drew

20. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

damn that sucks man.....lets see some pics

21. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Drew, I am glad that you and your friend are alright!!!. That is the most important thing. Be Safe. Take Care, Mark:cool: