so who here camped out for the iphone?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ShaneSTI, Jun 29, 2007.

1. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

NOT i. saw on the news about how people camped overnight just to get their hands on the new iphone. screw that...i don't care how cool it is.lol anyone here one of those people?

2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Sure, who wouldn't want to stay out for days just for the privilege of paying $600 to get locked into a two year contract with a cell provider just so you can have a shiny new gadget that'll be obsolete in six months?

3. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

crazy shit isn't it?lol

so the $600 for the phone is WITH a 2 yr contract, or is that buying it outright w/out a contract?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  4. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I like the iPhone but the 100 or even 200Kbits/s data rates on AT&T's EDGE network aren't so hot when EVDO or HSDPA can bring 600 to 700Kbits/s download speeds .

I'll wait for a later iPhone release or something else.

I look forward to seeing it in person though.

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

IIRC, there is no chance of buying it outright. You HAVE to buy it with a contract, and there were two prices. the 4gig is 500, and 6gig is 600. WITH contract.

Fuck that!

6. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

whoa....SCREW that! yeah to obligate yourself in a 2 yr contract just to have it out of date in a matter of months. however, for the companies selling; what a great way to lure people in.

7. longfury

longfury Active Member

8gig is 600. There is no 6gig. Learn about the competition. :p

I am going to go look at Mac Minis tomorrow so I will play with one. I want one and I am already with ATT and happy. I have been wanting the 4gig.

8. Matt

eat me!

:p :rofl:

9. longfury

longfury Active Member

:naughty: :rofl: :keke:

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

Chin had one at the photoshoot...

11. Matt

how? they were just released today at 6pm

12. Greg

Greg Active Member

He works for AT&T or something... I'm not sure what he does exactly...
    He was showing us pictures on it at Chipotle

13. Jake

Jake Active Member

That was just a video ipod that chin had. And the iPhone already is obsolete. The second gen is already undergoing tests.

14. longfury

longfury Active Member

Of course the next one is on the works. We might see it at Macworld in January or WWDC next June.

15. Greg

Greg Active Member

oh ok, I thought he said it was the iphone... :dunno

16. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

i have the prototype iphone...

[​IMG]

it was cheap as hell. not some $600.rubbish for a phone.

17. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

:rofl:

18. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

no thank you..i am still happy with my free razor

19. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

don't be a version 1.0 sucker... let them work the real-world bugs out and have the market forces adjust the price to something a little more reasonable.

20. longfury

longfury Active Member

Apple would not adjust the prices much. If they do it won't be till ver.2.0. I would not expect the price to go below $399.

I am still gonna go play with one today.

21. FACE

FACE Active Member

Its crap...600 for 8 gb f that i would rather have my l7 phone and my 60gb v ipod
    If it was 60gb i would have camped out

22. FACE

FACE Active Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

23. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

nice, you should manufacture and sell those

24. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

There is no discounted price on the Iphone.

Only way you can buy it outright is if you don't pass the credit check. If you have good credit and want it, you have to do the 2 year service agreement. Either way it is $499 for the 4 gb or $599 for the 8 gb

25. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

pointless waiting for hours yesterday, they were available today at lenox

26. longfury

longfury Active Member

Same at Perimeter as well. I played with it today and was quite impressed. It was on wifi though and it was really good. The lack of flash and java could be annoying sometimes on some pages. After using one I think I am sold.

The only stores sold out are the AT&T stores. The apple stores have plenty.

27. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Do you have to pay extra like other phones to get on the internet? Or can you connect to wireless if youre at a starbucks or something like that

28. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

There will be new technology in 2-3 years anyway...I would never waste that much money or time on a phone...LOL...just my .02 cents...

Mark

29. longfury

longfury Active Member

No it. The iPhone plans have unlimited data included. That is with edge and it will switch automatically when you get into a wifi hotspot. If the hotspot needs a password it will pop up and prompt you.

30. Matt

does it turn the phone part off when it goes into wi-fi like other devices?

31. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

It's nice. I just played with it. I was going to post this from the phone at the mall, but didn't want to sign in on it. It is very easy to use. I have AT&T now so it would only be $20 extra for the unlimited data. The phone stays on while browsing and listening to music. If you get a call or want to make a call it will pause your song or whatever and alert you. I watched a few family guy clips on youtube from it. Works well. If you want to buy it and not sign up for two years, just take someone with you that's not over 18 and let them buy it for you with cash. They can't sign a contract.

If you're smart you'll wait about 6 months and see what happens. It's way cool and is only going to get better. I'll buy one down the road.

32. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I would prolly think about it if I was allready an AT&T customer, and wanted to pay $100 a month for a cell phone bill, and actually had $600 bucks :)

33. longfury

longfury Active Member

While on wifi you can make a call and do internet at the same time. Not on edge though.

If the phone was $299 or $399 I would have one now. At its price point its hard for me to pull the trigger and get it. It is a nice device and does everything I want a phone to do.

34. Trey

Trey Active Member

No VoIP...no care. Hopefully someone will develop a macOS app that will run on it.

35. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Get guys, I can now unlock iphones :D
    Mines happily working with tmobile!
    It only took 2 hours! :p

36. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

guaranteed to work on picking up chics, Great conversation starter anyways. :rofl:

37. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Well, I married my "chic" so I don't need to pick up anymore :rofl:

I'm facinated with the iphone - it's an awesome interface on top of complete unix system.
    It's already booby trapped - if someone ever steals it from me, the recently dialed numbers
    as well as all cell tower information, IP address are send to my server every 15 minutes.
    I can connect to it from anywhere on the planet where there is internet.
    Yeah, i'm a tech CS geek. :rofl: