SOG Warranty work

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by rolling_trip, Jul 7, 2005.

1. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

Before i got my Ecutek done i had a cel(302, misfire cyl 2) that kept coming up, and the engine idled very rough. After the tune the engine idle was much better, and figured that i need to change the plugs, because i got the error code a couple more times. While waiting for the plugs i never got the cel again and put off changing them. Fast forward 3-4 weeks later, while sitting at the drive thru last night i notice that my car again started idling rough, but no cel. well today while sitting in traffic i threw the old familar code, and called SOG. Scott seems to think it is a bad coil and should be replace under warranty, so i dropped it off tonight, thanks again to John for bringing me out to the country, since SOG could not find me a loaner, even though Scott tried several times. I will kep u guys posted on what comes out of it.

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

hope u get it back soon

3. rolling_trip

Just an update for you all. I picked it up the following Monday and notice that it was idling rough, unfortunly Scott was not there because of his trip to Tampa, so i decided that i would bring it back oneday. The very next day the CEL returned. They swapped the coil on #2 with #4's to see if i got a misfire in #4, i didnt. It was still CEL 302, misfire cyl 2.. I decided it was the spark plugs so i changed them last Monday, by the way only took an hr and a half. However still the same damn cel. As u might have guessed the car will be returning to SOG monday, but this time i will be getting a loaner. If anyone has any other ideas what might be causing this this is ur invitation to chime in.

4. PapitoSTi

PapitoSTi Member

Sounds to me like a bad cylinder. But I might be wrong. And that a 05 STi, Hope its not a lemon. How many miles on it? Just thinking about you changing the spark plugs already.

5. rolling_trip

it has 23000 miles on it. i know thats a lot but still, its to the point now that i am scared to drive it, i just took a chance with the plugs i have some 1 step colder laying around. the plugs that came out didnt look that bad

6. PapitoSTi

PapitoSTi Member

Your mods should not require a colder plug. Hopefully the cylinder is not cracked. Did they replace your coil wiring to that plug?

7. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

damn chris...sorry to hear man. i hate it when my cars give me shi#. it'll get fixed dude...keep us posted.

8. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

Chris, sorry to hear about that. good luck with the repairs and hopefully it's just something minor that'll take an hour or two to swap out.
    not trying to threadjack, but speaking of Scott's trip to Tampa... when is he supposed to get back?

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

he's back...

10. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Papito, don't you think a bad cylinder is a heck of a conclusion to jump to??? What would make you think there was something wrong with a cylinder. Colder is always better on plugs as long as you aren't fouling them.

I don't know of any '05's that are having cylinder problems, or anything else that would even approach a lemon...

I appears it might have been either a coil-pack or an injector.

SS

Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  11. rolling_trip

I'll let u guys know tomorrow, i'm picking it up come hell or high water

12. PapitoSTi

PapitoSTi Member

You never know, but I did also suggest a bad coil wiring. Hopefully that was not the problem. Did he find the problem? Changing to colder plugs in my opinion with those mods I won't do it but thats me.