SoG.."you are screwed"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by D_K, Sep 25, 2006.

1. D_K

D_K Member

So I just got my dp this morning and my buddy and i went to a shop to put it in... we took out the two bolts on the top of the turbo and dp..no problem...but then when we got to the studs on the bottom..that was a different story..

as hard as it was to break the stud loose we did..yet we kept turning and turning then finally the stud just broke in half!!:eek:hnoes: ...half of the stud was in the dp/ turbo..the other part with the bolt was in my hand.

i called SoG..and the technician as like.."you are screwed..we can do it but it is going to cost you at least $500"..mahdavi motorsports said they will see what they can do about it tmr.

can anybody help me out..or am i "screwed"...

2. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I would imagine that you need to pull the turbo out, get new studs installed in it, and then put the turbo back in the car...

--
    Brian

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

this will take a decent amount of labor cuz as brian said, i doubt they can put in new studs without removing the turbo... did u not use PB blaster or something?

4. WJM

WJM Banned

If its the center one on the bottom...dont worry about it. Leave it be, and ignore it.

HOWEVER...if it is either of the outer ones, then you need to have it replaced somehow....you might owe me several burritos for fixing it.

<<<<<<<< Is one of the Master Technicians at SoG, and the primary Performance Tech.

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

will.... u r our hero
    :hug:

6. WJM

WJM Banned

hahahaahha...

7. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Is this what has become of Will.

[​IMG]

8. Yeah take it to Mahdavi.

SOG quoted me 95 dollars for a fuel filter change, and 85 dollars for an oil change in synthetic :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I changed my fuel filter in about 5 minutes, and my oil without even jacking the car up..... :rolleyes:

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

10. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Guessing you don't have an '05...

11. I have an 04.

12. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Lucky bastard. Us '05 owners have the fuel filter in the gas tank.

13. Damn, yeah I was reading that on scooby mods. For a second I thought I had that :hsugh: lol But I wonder why SOG still would charge me that much

14. Greg

Greg Active Member

Dealership... (Not dissing SOGs work or anything, its just administration)

15. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

OH! MY! GOODNESS!!! This is SO funny. I'm going to print this out and super-glue it to Will's box :D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For anybody checking this thread, I'm not sure what "tech" said he was "screwed" and quoted him $500, but our tech's are not supposed to quote ANYTHING. When DK called me I told him that it would still be the standard $300 to install his DP....

SS

16. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

To pay for Pimp Siegel's 7-figure salary. :D

17. Quick thread jack.....I wonder how many burritos it will cost me when i figure out my 2.5 thing is more then I can handle.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2006
  18. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

When I was puttin the bolts back on the up near the turbo I almost cried cause I thought a bolt went into the turbo but it didnt never found the bolt though. I thought it was around $65 or so for an oil change did it go up? I could be wrong ..

19. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

Will seems pretty cool, and I'm super impressed on how fast he can work, and he is the only person i know who would run -3degrees of camber in the front :bowdown:

20. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i got an sytn oilchange for 65 bucks 2 weeks ago.

21. Just curious and I mean no offense by this, but why pay 65 when you can go Mobil1 w/ a filter for almost half the price? You can even do the oil change without jacking the front up.

22. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

unless your lowered ;) ......I do my own oil changes....kinda messy but I agree it's worth the money saving.....

23. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

sounds kinda like somone in the back might need to "re evaluate their life"

24. Definitly true. For the longest time I always though taking stuff to get done at a dealership was best policy, until I started learning that doing it yourself wasnt that bad at all! The time it would take to drive to the dealership, check your car in, whip out the Credit card/check book, and drive home you could have done the work yourself and saved the gas for the trip :rofl:

Paying 30 some odd dollars for an oil change at a dealership, okay, thats not too bad, but almost a 100 bucks for oil? We dont drive exotics :keke:

oh and I feel like im modding my car every time I do general maintence :eek3:

25. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Lol. Will, you need to just become a vendor and whore yourself out :D

26. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Shit not on my car with Milo's Tein height. Need two jacks. The stocker to lift the car high enough for the 2 ton jack to lift on the front tow hook and then the 2 ton itself. LOL

27. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Yeah i need ramps lol

28. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

u will probably need to jack it up before u can get it on a lift too ;)

29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yep. When I went for my alignment they had to take the front bumper off to drive up on the ramp....lol. The V limited lip makes it way lower.

30. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Quite a few methinks

31. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Yep, DIY now for me to. for some reason I thought just because I had a turbo it was somrthing special about changing the oil...until I changed it myself but then again its about to get cold so back to the dealership I go lol!