SoG

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by blink, Jul 25, 2006.

1. blink

blink Member

Took my car in last week to get my a/c belt changed, and to get an oil change (had a coupon). The belt had been squeaking horribly every startup of the car, so the slipping of the belt was causing the a/c to zonk out after 5 minutes of driving.
    I got up there, dropped the car off with Neil, and hung out with my girlfriend and Ephrem while it got serviced. I had the serpentine belt changed as well, since the labor is the same, and it needed to be changed also. Well I get the car back, me and the girlfriend get in and head back to town. We get on I85, and thats when I hear my girlfriend gasp, then followed by a "You Mirror!" I look over at the passenger mirror, and its busted (pictures below), so I call up Neil, let him know what happened, and tells me they'll replace it no problem. Cool, problem fixed, or so I thought.
    Im told to come back up that Friday for the mirror, to find out they don't have it in stock, until this week sometime.. so I head back to town empty handed. During that weekend, I noticed my a/c still going in and out, and the new belt is also slipping. Today is day 5 of the new belt, and its slipping as bad as the old belt was..

So basically wtf did I pay 100$ in fucking labor for?! I went out of town that weekend, with a slipping belt, no a/c, and busted passenger mirror, all this because I wanted an oil change and belt replaced.

I will not name the tech that worked on my car in this thread.. if you want that info, PM me. Also still no mirror to date.

On the plus side, I do wanna thank Ephrem for being there and calming me down. Neil your cool too. I've come to the conclusion if you look under 25, you will be treated like shit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Did you get in touch with them today about tomorrow? I've got a test at noon but as soon as thats over I'm free to go up there anytime just as long as I can get down here before 7.

3. blink

blink Member

if the mirror is there tomorrow, then I will be heading up.. be around 1-2 so you'll be fine.

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

have you let them know that the problem resurfaced? they should be able to take care of it for you

5. blink

blink Member

Follow up:

Took the car in today to have the mirror replaced and the belts checked out. They got extremely busy when I pulled, but yet made plenty of time for me and my car. Actually they were incredibly fast, espically with the load of cars that seemed to appear out of nowhere. I wanna thank all up their for their incredible service this time.. again its proved to me, they are the premeier dealership for my car. As for the comment above regarding the age limit for service.. thats not true, I was out of line for thinking that. Appologies to anyone whose pond I rippled, with that comment.

Also a shoutout to flip, fun hanging out with you up there.

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

glad its all sorted out :)