Some drift pics...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, May 13, 2006.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...not everybody did so well...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  2. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Nice! Unfortunatly all mine are either blurry or washed out. I think I'll just stop trying

BTW, where are you guys? I realised I don't have a clue what anyone looks like, so that makes it very hard to find anyone.

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

hope some of them will wear WRXatlanta t-shirts :)

4. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Just got back. Was a whole lotta fun!

It was nice to see so many WRX's there!

I noticed when I left there were still about 4 WRX's from that parking convoy left. Were you guys watching the burnouts for video? lol. Of all things they asked me in a Honda Accord, i just kept driving. Pissed me off cause I had to sit at the back of the line for over 30min and didn't even move an inch, while they did their thing.

5. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

yeah there was probably 10 of us there at one time.....we had a blast man

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

That lens is incredible dude.

7. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Nice pics did the drift suby come out?

8. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

moose your camera is the SHIAT! nice pics man!

9. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Damn moose. Those pics are amazing. Almost better than the real thing actually.

It was a great time guys. I'm really glad I decided to get my butt out there. I'd say we pretty much did it right too, although we could have bar-b-q'd a little. Good time though.

10. suby113

suby113 Member

Real good pics Moose That camera you have is awesome!

11. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

No drifting Suby, but drifting Evo. The two days were great. I saw a line up of Subys in the grass parking lot. I was sitting in a tent on the other side of the track next to the straight away. The midgets were really cool also. They were flying down that straight away. Good job for Tanner though putting down the senior drifters.

12. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Hey, how about some credit for the man holding the camera here? :p (Not saying good gear doesn't help, mind you.)

I actually had to throw away about 80% of the pics; to get an OK shot you have to track the car very well or things get blurry. People who've done motorspors told me to expect as much, so I'm pretty pleased that I got a few keepers. :)

13. jakeisajedi

jakeisajedi Member

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

WRXatlanta represent :bigthumb:

15. savsuby

savsuby Member

looks like it was fun

16. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Moose - those are some great pics. Wish you could've hung out long enough to get some from the night runs. The night runs were much better and the cars got a LOT closer to each other

17. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

18. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

great pics moose. like ped said you should have stayed it was awesome how close the car were to each other!

19. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I had important wetsanding to attend to. :)

Coat #4 is on now and it's starting to look pretty respectable.

20. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

wish i coulda rep'd fellas....looks like more people came than last year.

+1 moose for the steady hand and 80+ pics haha

21. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

great photography Moose :bigthumb: ......yeah we stuck around and saw some burnouts then when we left it was pretty much a straight shot home no waiting....I was the only one with a WRXAtlanta t-shirt on but I was covering it up with a vest....it was kinda windy and cold, and I was battling a cold a that time.....so decided to leave it on-had really busy day serving today so wanted to feel my best and make that $....ya know.....no drifting suby:wtc: ....but still think we repped pretty well!!!!

22. Demo24

Demo24 Member

if your vest was grey then i actually came by and stood right behind you. heh. I couldnt see your shirt so I couldn't be sure thats who you were.

23. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Yeah that was me!!! i obviously don't know what you look like either so didn't say what-up......should've rocked the shirt

24. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

25. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Nice pics man. Good job with that gallery. :bigthumb:

26. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Moose, nice shots bro! what are you shooting with? i remember something about a new lens someone bought, i'm guessing you after seeing these. 300mm + what, 1000 @ F4/5.6?
    i never got better than 3-4 good shots a roll of 35mm. so your on average. it's better to waist the film/MB than miss a photograph.
    very nice work, man. it's ALL about the panning...

27. Demo24

Demo24 Member

doubt you noticed me. Just a 17 yr old guy in a grey T-shirt and blue jeans. I didnt stay for long as it was harder to see well there.

28. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Right now I'm using a 10D with 70-200/4L. I desperately need a 1.4x TC though, 200mm just ain't enough. In fact, if funds allowed, I'd probably go for a 70-200/2.8L IS with a 2x TC...

And yeah, it's all in the panning, and so easy to screw up. :)

29. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Lol.

I got the mad behind the lens!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know my pics are kinda lame, but hey. What can you do?

It was still rainy for the Panoz event...

And kinda cloudy for part of the drifting. But the biggest problem is the camera phone. :hs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2006
  30. slug

slug Member

31. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

32. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

No doubt man. Looking good! :bigthumb:

33. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

BACK FROM THE DEAD!!

I just brought this one out so you could see some of last years stuff. I had a blast at that one. So did Moose I think. :D

34. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

So lets see some pics!