Some random pics... New camera day!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by flip, Feb 10, 2006.

1. flip

flip Member

Heres some pics i just got with my new camera. Nothing too special I think theyre kinda cool... Tell me what you think! By the way in the one of my car, it appears shiny and clean but is really dirty! How'd that happen!? LOL!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    One more random one...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

pretty nice... u and randy (superdude) will get along great :)

3. flip

flip Member

Awesome :). If he'll be at the meet tomorrow i'll have to keep an eye out for him!

4. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

How'd you do the first one? I'm familar with letting the shutter stay open a little longer (extended exposure), but how did you keep the dash from not blurring?

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

maybe tripod'd it and them moved at last second ?

6. flip

flip Member

We took that one with the shutter set to stay open as long as you hold the button. No flash. Held the shutter open long enough to get the exposure correct and then pulled away as the shutter was closing. I'm pretty sure the slow shutter speed made the dash not blur like that. It turned out pretty neat. :)

7. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

cool pics man....its nic ehaving people taking pics at the g2gs and stuff because usually people dont haha.

8. flip

flip Member

To correct my last post, i figured out the flash WAS on but the shutter stayed open for around 2 seconds. It was pretty dark outside so this way when the flash goes off it lights up all of the things that don't emit light. Then after the flash goes off, the shutter is still open and the camera was moved creating the streaks of light from things that emit light. The dash didn't streak because it appeared dark to the camera after the flash was off again... Cameras are neat :).

9. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Definitely good pics...definitely....as Rainman would say...LOL...

Mark