Sometimes I wonder how I make it through a day...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, Nov 10, 2005.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I have been growing habaneros this summer/fall. Lots of them. Glorious bushes with orange and red little fruits dangling from them.

Harvested them last week, and was making hot sauce from them this evening. I have also been growing poblanos, and I am well aware of peppers being able to mutate when grown near each other. I worried this might happen to my precious habaneros.

As I am pulling the stems off, I notice a distinct lack of pepper fumes. Uh oh. I think to myself, "god damn, they have mutated." So, I bite into one. A big bite.

At first it tastes like a fruity jalapeno. Then it gets hotter. And hotter. And jesus christ it BURNS. Now, I have had habaneros many, many times, but this stuff is just beyond normal. Way, WAY beyond normal.

I have spent the last half hour eating peanut butter and bread. :hs:

2. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

hey moose every grow any reefer bushes? :cool:

sounds like your peppers mated with a fruit bush and made a spicey fruit though....thats funny though

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Nah, habaneros have a naturally fruity and full flavor if you can get past the heat... the hot sauce I am making is setup to bring the fruitiness out even more. It came out pretty nicely; canning it right now.

4. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

doesnt milk help with the spicyness?

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I've tried that, but it seems like peanut butter and bread works better for me. I have had the habanero burger in San Mateo (have the bumper sticker to prove it!) that has some 4-5 habs on it, this was worse than that... I hope these bushes survive until next year. :)

6. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Maybe you should sell some of it.
    Come up with some classy name for it...
    "Moose's m4d t1ght h0t sh1t, y0!" :rofl:

7. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

D00d p3dy0u l337 hax0r...

8. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

do i smell some instasll day chili a brewin? gonna lend your buddy alex some H-bombs for some chili :bigthumb:

9. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

its hotter going out than it is going in

10. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

hey man, any way you would part with some of it?

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

sorta reminds me of kris' face at tijuana flats

12. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

yeah, basically anything with a high sugar/low acid content will help.