Speed Racer?

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by GTscoob, May 9, 2008.

1. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Anybody seen speed racer yet? I'd really like to. How about a WRXatl meet at the drive-in theater off moreland sometime next week? Bring battery-powered boomboxes and I'll grab my dad's truck to throw couches in the back of.

2. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

i'm game:sx:

3. GTscoob

Right on nitro :bigthumb:

I'll get my work schedule tomorrow and get a more solid date for this next week. I will ask that those with silencers for their exhausts please install them prior to this meet since its a drive-in theater and we dont want to upset the management or ruin neighbors' viewing experiences.

I've got room for 2 couches in the back of my dad's truck, everybody else feel free to bring grills or camp chairs. Also, like I mentioned before, bring battery-powered boom boxes so that you wont have to keep your car running during the movie (more important for those with loud cars, or those conscious of gas costs).

$7 CASH a head for tickets and that gets you both movies, currently The Forgotten Kingdom is also on the same screen. They dont check trunks for stowaways if you're cheap, and although beer/liquor is against the rules, its loosely tolerated as long as its not obscene (IE no kegs ;) )

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  4. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Sounds like fun!

5. Tracy

Tracy Member

You know what would be cool? We have the Chevy 4500 with the flat bed in the back. I'll see if I can talk Dan into letting us use it for a picinic for the movie.

6. If I get a time, date and location I'll see if I can make it.

Although speed racer looks like a gay movie to me, I wouldn't mind hangin out with some old friends.

7. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I'm off on tues and wedn.

8. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

sounds fun, i'm down

9. GTscoob

Thanks. While the movie starts at 8:30 we could all show up an hour or 2 earlier to grill out. This is probably going down wednesday night.

10. GTscoob

I've made an official thread for the g2g HERE