Spring Install Day - All Pro Subaru 4/10/2011

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Matt, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Here it is, lady and gentlemen! The return of the Install Day! This time, we are pleased to announce that the install day will be at All Pro Subaru in Alpharetta!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

When: April 10, 2011
    Time: 10:00 AM
    Where: 1040 Nine North Drive Alpharetta, GA 30004 770-751-7786
    map
    What to bring: Tools, yourself, your car, what you need to install.
    What's supplied: 3 lifts will be available for $20 per hour per lift. If you have something that requires a lift, bring more people so you can get your stuff done in a timely manner and let others that may need lift time, have lift time.

Food will be provided (hot dogs and burgers and chips), but we request that you bring $5 to cover expenses.

ALCOHOL: not permitted. However, if it's in a water bottle or something else that you can't see the color of the liquid, we can't say anything. ;)

We're also happy to announce that there will be lift time that is rentable! All proceeds made off using the lift will be donated to a local charity! You will be required to sign a waiver for using the lift The deadline for reserving lift time will be April 3rd. Please get your reservations in before then!

FYI!! This is an install day, not a day that you can get routine maintenance done on the cheap through the shop directly. If you need to do maintenance, please schedule an appointment during their regular business hours!

The number is listed above. We will be needing advanced notice on lift time!

---

The Members You'll Meet If You Decide to Join Us!
    Total: 18 (So Far)

alex
    banana
    bixs
    brokenWRX
    broknindarkagain
    c_wagginz
    ghionw
    gtscoob
    josh booth
    liltoua
    matt
    matto357
    mokinbird87
    sparta
    superdoughboy4
    wagunz_pwnz
    willsanches
    xanrules
    cmags +1

Lift Reservations

1. C_wagginz
    2. mokinbird - 2 hours
    3. mokinbirg87 friend - 1 hour

---

Thanks,

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  2. John

John Active Member

Yay! I should be able to make it up there. There are tons of things I need to do to my car. Maybe Ill put my camber bolts in.

I'll have hand tools and air tools with me

Sent from my Android powered HTC HD2

3. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

hooray! will be there with my new struts :)

4. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

how much is the lift rental per hour? I have a clutch to install.

5. Matt

I'm waiting to hear back from All Pro regarding this. As soon as I find out, I'll post it in the OP.

Or someone from all pro could chime in here.

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

And to think you doubted Matt and I :)

7. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

^^^ :beer:

8. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Awesome. I'll go ahead and request that day off.

9. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Don't know if I'll have anything to install (maybe springs or a fsb) but I'll bring my camera and take some shots. Maybe we could throw together some updated "how-to's" in the process.

10. superdoughboy4

Yeah. This would be perfect for my like new 40D.
    If you guys could help me install this front lower tie brace, that'd be great.
    I'm afraid I'll either hurt myself or my car lifting the car without the proper tools/know how.

11. Matt

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=159137.0

you should consider renting a lift.

12. Matto357

Make sure you get some good glass for the 40d. It made a huge difference with my 40d. Not as big with the 7d.

13. superdoughboy4

I kind of was... But if that's all that is getting installed, I don't know. I may, just for safety's sake.

Oh I know. Lol. The first lens I learned was the kit lens, then for 4+ months, I held on to my friend's 24-70L and 70-200L.
    Definitely necessities.

14. Matto357

both great lenses. Have you played with a prime lens yet? Nothing like seeing what you can do with a 1.4 or 1.2.

More on topic, how many helpful hands will be at this thing? I've read lots of DIY's on spring installs but I would feel much better with someone knowledgeable helping out.

15. superdoughboy4

Yessir. 100mm 2.8 non L. The L wasn't released at the time.

I'd love to install my springs too.

16. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I'll be there.

Maybe do my Valve Cover Gaskets.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  17. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I will stop by....

18. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

Might be there

19. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

maybe there should be a list of attenders.
    I wouldn't worry about that. I'm sure there will be at least 3 guys there that know anything and everything. Springs are not hard, I never did them on subarus, but several on hondas. Doubt it's any different.

20. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

Probably won't have anything to install but I'm gonna try to come to meet everyone.

21. Banana

Banana Member

How many parking lot spaces are available for jackstand work??:eek:hnoes:

Wes, the scrap yard is calling your name.

22. liltoua

liltoua Member

Yea I might not have anything to install, but will be up there to meet everyone

23. Matto357

from what I saw when I was there yesterday, they have plenty of room out back

24. Banana

Banana Member

Where were you lookin? You can point me in the right direction, I look back there everyday. :rofl:

Fixed it.

25. John

John Active Member

Ok its confirmed. I have the day off work so Ill be out in my new Legacy

26. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

Sorry, subaru's only. :pssh:

I'll be there, with some jack stands/ramps/tools to help out

Peter if you bring some torque specs for the lower tie brace bolts I'll help you. I don't do sheared bolts

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  27. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Who wants to help with a wrx swap into a 97 brighton coupe? lol

28. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I've got a grill I can bring. This will
    Be fun

29. John

John Active Member

I have my swapped legacy to use as refernce. However it will be more then a one day project. I wouldnt mind helping out a bit though

30. ghionw

ghionw Member

I will try to swing by. I need to get more active in the community and meet some of the members. I guess that will be easier when I find the car I want..

31. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Alcohol policy? How many quarts more of beer than differential fluid should I bring out to this? And how many quarts of differential fluid does a standard 5MT and R160 require for front and rear . . .

32. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Sarcasm, you missed it.

33. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

that's like a 3-week project, dude. :pssh:

34. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

You'll be good with 5 quarts. It's 3.7qt 5MT and .8qt for the rear diff.

99.9% confident.

35. Matt

but he's already at AllPro, they can finish what he starts and consequently jacks up. :rofl:

36. Matto357

Important question here.

37. John

John Active Member

I guess so lol. Oh well.

I'll defiantly be there. My friend with my old 97 Legacy GT may show up (the car in my sig), and I have another friend with another 97 Legacy GT (silver) that may show.

I don't know what I'll be doing on my car. Nothing major. I'm picking up a short throw shifter and bushings, but I don't think I'll have the patience to wait until April 10th to install it. Maybe I'll paint the engine bay....hmmm

Either way, I'll be around to help others with things if needed.

38. Alex

We've always had the rule of thumb that you need to drink "responsibility" or arrange to carpool. When we did these a few years back the drinking was usually heavy but those who planned on doing so made prior arrangements. Nevertheless, I am not sure what AllPro's opinion on a few beers in the parking lot will be.

39. John

John Active Member

Now I have this image in my head of someone so drunk they can't stand straight trying to install a FMIC lol. That would be interesting to watch.

Yall enjoy your drinking if AllPro doesn't mind. I'll stand to the side sober watching and laughing

40. Matto357

Exactly. I don't plan on having more than one or two beers over the whole six hour period but I don't want to be the asshole that cracks open a cold one to the sound of a record scratch.

Plus I don't think having my car on jackstands+a BAC that is measurable really mixes.

Also, if you haven't sold your front sway bar by this install day, bring it to the meet and we can work out a deal.

41. Alex

I just sold it actually. Want the rear? :) Oh, and added a list of those attending to the OP.

42. John

John Active Member

somebody spelled my name wrong in the list lol

it says - brokindarkagain
    its - brokNindarkagain

lol. nobody EVER gets it right.

And you should add +2 next to me

So I'll be bringing a floor jack, stands, sockets, wrenches (and gearwrenches), pliers, screwdrivers, hammers, impact, die grinder, sander, drill, prybars, brake tools, other odds and ends, and maybe a welder if I can get my friend to give it up for the day (mig w/gas).

I'll also be bringing some miscellaneous parts incase anyone needs anything....like intercooler piping, hoses, random sensors, etc

Who is attending that has done a subie timing belt before? I need to replace the bottom driver side cam gear and I'm not sure if I'm comfortable doing it on my own for the first time. AllPro has one for me, I just need to get it and if I can put it on with the help of someone that would be awesome

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  43. Alex

Guess I'll fix your username ;)

44. John

John Active Member

actually. can you just change it to "John" /offtopic

45. 97LGT

97LGT New Member

Oh why not. I'll be there. I don't have anything to install but I do enjoy hanging around with a bunch of Subaru guys.

46. John

John Active Member

^that would be one of my guys.

So its me +1 now. The other isn't a member here

47. 97LGT

97LGT New Member

We need to get a banner image of your new Subaru on here John. I'll bring my camera to the install day.

48. John

John Active Member

I'm going up to the lake for a photoshoot when I get back from Austin. I'm almost done removing all the decals from the car. Two more to go until I'm done.

49. 97LGT

97LGT New Member

Yeah, Wazzy does love his stickers doesn't he.

50. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

this is gonna be awesome hahaha why does it have to be in april and not this weekend?????? lol