squeaking.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by knhtrdr, Jul 20, 2006.

1. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Ok, I talk to a couple of guys about it and spent half a day @ sog to figure it out (they did find what was rattling) but not the squeaking/whistling/rubbing sound. I still cant find where its comming from it's not the tbe so what the hell else could it be?? kinda almost sound like a belt but its not. any Ideas?

2. mckenzietj

mckenzietj Member

LOTS of stuff can make noise!

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

I bet you are having the same problem I had a when I first got my invidia. It was rubbing against a bracket/subframe. If im not mistaken it is the bracket/subframe that the tranny mount is connected to..your DP might be flush with it..I had to grind it down a bit when mine was sqeaking/rubbing. its like a 10 minute fix with an angle grinder.

4. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Thanks, I'll check it out after work. where would I get an angle grinder from?

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Harbor Freight. Like < $10 for a 4.5" one.

FWIW, I had a similar weird squeak. It turned out to be the bolt that holds the downpipe to the bracket under the car that had worked itself loose. Took forever to figure that one out; sounded just like a belt.

6. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

cool i'll look out for that too.

7. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

same thing happened with me too...the bolt ended up falling out completely, that's what I was thinking the noise was...but if you took it to SOG, I'm sure they would have checked that first...especially if you had Will look at it...

8. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

They had it back there for hours and I'm not sure which one is Will, but they couldn't reproudce the sound and now it's much more often and louder esp goin through downtown thurs. night.