Squeal coming From Driver rear

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Silver03bugeye, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Silver03bugeye

Silver03bugeye New Member

Hey everyone,
    I have a squeal coming from the driver rear every time i turn right. It does not squeal when i am going straight or turn left. I have checked the wheel bearings by grabbing the tire in the correct positions and wiggling, but there is no play. I just put new rotors on my car about 2 weeks ago if that has anything to do with it. Can you guys please try to explain to me or help me about this situation?

2. seeingred

seeingred Member

3. Silver03bugeye

4. I have seen it where the pads rub a little on the inner/lip of the rotor if its not perfectly flat..But this usually only happens on rotors worth some miles on them.A new rotor should not have a lip..Did you replace the pads too?Sometimes bearings will make noise without any play ..Just a couple of thoughts..

5. Silver03bugeye

I replaced the pads and rotors at the same time. I have rub marks on the rotors where something has been rubbing. And I might just take it to subaru to se if they can look at it for me

6. seeingred

seeingred Member

hello

subaru is prolly not going to help with something like that. probably something to go to an independent mechanic or a DIY. Or somebody else suggested just turning up the music for a few thousand miles and at some point hope it might go away.

7. Silver03bugeye

I might do the music all the way up then ha

8. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

take it to all pro.

9. Silver03bugeye

I have thought about that. I emailed them about the issue and will probably take it up there on my day off on friday

10. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Do you still have all the OEM antisqueal shims, [which sometimes get discarded by previous owners/mechanics] and if they were present, did you apply the high temperature grease to them as recommended? These issues are a often common root source of noise. What brand/model of pad? Some are more prone to noise than others.

11. seeingred

seeingred Member

you have message

silver - check your message.

12. Silver03bugeye

They are Duralast pads and no i do not have the OEM antisqueal shims