Squealing

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Enzo, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

Out of the blue, my clutch now squeals when I push the pedal down in the mornings. It is only happening in the morning for about 1/4th to 1/2 of a mile and then it goes away. I hear it when I go into reverse, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear. Then I get to the stop sign, and when I begin moving again it's gone. The car just hit 30k miles and had its 30k mile service about 3 weeks ago. Now its making noise. I have been researching it and some say its the throw out bearing but I feel like that would continue making noise throughout my entire 40 mile drive to work. Any thoughts will be helpful. I am going to try to make it to the dealer in the next week or so but I am just trying to figure it out.

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Throwout bearing for sure....I hope your car is under warranty....If so, take it in ASAP and have them fix it under warranty. Might not be a bad time to change the disc and pressure plate since they will be in there already:)

3. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

It's a female....pound it harder.

All kidding aside I'll echo throw out bearing .

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

throw a new pilot bearing in there while at it

5. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Mine started squeezing ever so slightly as well recently. 3700 miles in. :-/