Squeky Clutch Pedal

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by baldito, Jul 24, 2014.

1. baldito

baldito New Member

Sup yall

Any of you with 08+ wrx experienced the issue with the squeaky clutch pedal. Apparently the squeak is not from the clutch pedal but more the spot welts to the firewall that hold the entire assembly together.

If you been one of the unfortunate ones to deal with this, can you please offer tips on resolution. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

2. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

My 2011 STi had the entire clutch pedal assembly replaced under warranty because of this. The honking/squeaking sound came back after I was out of warranty so I just lived with it.

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

my BRZ does this. I turn the music up louder. ;)

4. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Can the pivoting mechanism be greased?

5. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

My BRZ did this and I got the throw-out bearing replaced under warranty. no more noise.

6. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

this is what it sounded like and it was hard to press down on the clutch at the bottom. some people have damaged components on the transmission as a result of this so make sure to get it checked out.

http://youtu.be/Xu8cEgt6_eY

7. baldito

baldito New Member

Yep taking it at some point in the next couple of weeks. I opened a case with Subaru of America to see if they flip the bill. This is a manufacturer defect and am having a hard time justifying the cash I may have to fork out.