Stanced 04-05 STi Near Douglasville

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Electioneer, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

I pulled up next to you.

If he isn't on here, anyone know the stanced, straight piped, nice seats white STi from around these part?

2. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

stanced = ricerfied wide wheeled for no reason with skinny tires?

3. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

what I though teh moar camber the bettar because racecar

4. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

it aint a tru racecah unless it has NASCAR cambuh!!

7* camber on right -7* on left.

5. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

I loved the subaru/ebo scene when ricers couldnt afford the car when it was new. now that its in the sub $20k every ricer and his dog has one.

6. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

was it on full polished ccw classics? if so hes not on here.

7. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

Yes

8. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

9. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Stop defining something with something you only saw, true stance looks something like this, and I'm hoping something he was referring to:

[​IMG]

Now, if you still have same thought about true "stance", I beg to differ.

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

so, stance = unusable camber/caster. basically what he said.

you just reinforced his opinion.

<<<drives a 'stanced' 94 bmw

11. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Is that stance or herra-frush?

12. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

LOL what can you use that car for other than to look like a douche

that car has no suspension travel. or if it does it will rip the fenders off... its a truly useless car.

sure it looks good stopped in a curb. but it wont do you any good if you actually want to drive it.

13. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Air bags, yo.

14. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

[​IMG]

this car is "stanced"

does it have right sized tires? yes
    does it have enough space to clear fenders when racing? yes
    does it have class? yes.

does that black car on top have anything that this car has? no
    does the owner have any money left after buying/trying 50+ wheels to make this look? no

15. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

I usually like around 20% of the "stanced" cars and the other 80% just look stupid. The 20% are nice to look at but I feel like driving them would be unpleasant knowing that you are walking the fine line of looking good and destroying the feel of your car.

16. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Man bro, listen, and this goes for most on here. Not everyone picks car as a hobby to race it and go 100mph into a curve. For me example, I picked up cars as a hobby, not to make me a race car driver, but something to throw my money on and keep me busy at times. I do stuff to my car that I like, not what you like, nor do I do it for your intentions, I do it for mine.

What can he use that car for other than to look like a douche? Well lets see. He could drive it from point A to point B, where he needs to get, something a car is for in the first place. While driving, he is driving a car that satisfies his needs, not yours.

To conclude my argument, because I really try to avoid them; The only douche I see here is you my friend, someone who doesn't appreciate something of other. And to brighten up your world, not everyone has same intentions with their cars. And if you can't appreciate that, then you, your self are not a car enthusiast, or at least one that we need around.

17. Jake

Jake Active Member

the point was you tried to 'define' something you so adamantly defend as an opinion/personal preference. if you hadn't tried to make him sound like he was WRONG in his opinion by defining another opinion, you wouldn't look like said 'douche'

18. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

if it does go from point a to point b....he better plan his route accordingly for no speed bumps or ants for that matter.

19. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Holy shit that's my old STi. I can't believe how slammed it is. I wonder if he is using the same coil overs I put on there. Not a fan of the wheels. jmo

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk HD

20. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

ok. I am a douche and thank you for brightening my life... sorry I dont appreciate the slammed/ good for nothing but to look like my car is a skate board. I am a horrible car enthusiast and I should just go sit in a corner...

to make it up to you I will help you out whenever I see you and your slammed car stuck on a speed bump, fenders ripped off due to insane un-necessary camber/wheel fitment (aka hella flush), or if the tires dont hold pressure after you hit a bump due to you not having seated the beads on the super gangster wide wheels with skinny tires.

deal?

21. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

How often do you see a car stuck on a speed bump with all the fenders ripped off.. and theres different stances. show stance. race stance. drift stance. drag. all types of stuff.

22. Jake

Jake Active Member

oh boi....

well maybe technically there are, but when people are referring to 'stance' they are talking about this type, and this type only.

professionals who drag/race never say the word stance

23. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

wheel/tire setup = stance of the car imo.

24. Jake

Jake Active Member

again defending an opinion with an opinion.

and even though you may be technically right, the definition of 'stance' as defined by the OP is referring to the DUMPED impractical cars.

again, remember i drive one of these. but that's because the car is old and slow as is. and i have no need for anything other than a DD. i have to crawl over speed bumps and cringe on I-16 (which is almost daily).

25. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

I love the look of it. And as long as you're not full retard/hover craft status. Doesn't bother me. I guess i can see why some people get so upset. Best argument is its their car, let them do whatever they want to it if it makes them happy.

26. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

The sti's posted are hardly as bad as the "hella flush" scene portrays. I think it looks good for day to day driving. Practical in the mountains? Hardly, but not everyone is into the mountain/tracking scene. Now the retarded cars with the edge of the rim exposed because they put 225 tires on a 10" rim rediculously cambered to make it fit (mostly seen on VIP styled cars) is impractical and dangerous but a small stretch pictured isn't bad and was actually created in MotorSports to reduce drag by minimizing the gap between wheel and fender, taken completely to another level by kids trying to see how rediculous they can make their cars look.

27. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

That black car doesn't look all that bad.

Now the GD here is awful but purely my opinion...looks like he broke his coilover or something.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.stancenation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/322-640x426.jpg[img]
    [img]http://www.stancenation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/317-640x426.jpg

http://www.stancenation.com/2012/04/02/royal-flush-x-stancenation/

Bottom line....do what you like with your own car....eff the others.

28. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

It is beyond stupid, looks terrible, and isn't useful for anything but show.

It definitely is their car. They can do what they want to do to it, and I get to form opinions on overall car knowledge and skill without even having to talk to them. Keep it up!

29. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

its your money do what you want. someone has to make money off you.

30. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Well understood.

But the douche was not referred to me, nor did I try to enforce anything on anyone. The "I beg to differ" might have been wrong words to use, so my apologies to that.

But my argument stands in the previous comment. Calling someone a douche because they "stanced" their car to their liking is heinous as it gets.

See bro, you're thinking wrongfully. I do not own a slammed car, my car is far from even being lowered. You miss interpret my argument,so I'll just drop the case.

Where did the OP define the car stance he saw as being "DUMPED impractical cars".... I think I'm going to just stop reading what you post...

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  31. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

It takes some serious work and dedication to DD a low rider. Low ri duh . What happened to the 13in daytons and a trunk full of hydraulics? Used to see some extreme offsets with the "skateboarding the wheels" fad didn't last too long. Now it's donks and this "stanced" thing. That GD from stanced nation is low, but not the extreme for stanced or VIP. Next its going to be a damn ferris wheel.

32. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Good "Stance" in my book, and what I refer to when stance comes up:

[​IMG]