steering rack bushings

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Weapon, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

well..these bushings have been sitting on my desk for a while and i think this weekend i will finally get around to installing them..anyone else have plans for this weekend?

2. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

going to SC for the weekend to see my mom and hang out with the lady friend....

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I have no plans, I will help, I want to get these soon. I am going to get the steering rack bushings when I get my front and rear sway bars.

4. I've got a set sitting in my garage that I had planned on installing, but I took a look under the car and one of the brackets on the steering rack looks different than what the one on my 02 WRX looked like. I'm not sure if they'll fit the 05 WRX or not, I didn't try it. I'm gonna take a better look when I install my GrpN motor mounts tomorrow.

Weapon, did you get yours in? I'm off Tue, Wed, and Thurs if you still need a hand.

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ive got mine still sitting in the shop. I'd love to join you guys, but I have prior engagements this weekend :(

6. Weapon

yea..they are still sitting on my work bench..ive been too busy working..maybe this weekend

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

"yeah, I like that, just DO THAT!"
    "PC load letter....What the fuck is that!!!"

8. Weapon

9. I work an odd schedule so my off days change every week. Let me know when you're planning on installing them, I'll come give you a hand if I can. I'm about to go give mine a shot. Wish me luck! :)

10. So much for that. The driver's side bushing appears to be different on the 05's. The passenger side looks the same. I was under the impression that the 05 STi was the only one that got changes to the steering rack. Am I correct or am I just not looking hard enough?

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I'm not quite sure on that one...I'll look around and see what I can dig up.

12. Got it Alex. Found on NASIOC after digging through a few hundred posts. <Sigh> Anyone want to buy steering rack bushings, still in the package? :(

13. longfury

longfury Active Member

Maybe :cool:

How much? I will be over that way this weekend.

14. $25, never opened. Looked under the car, swore a bunch, put the package back on the shelf. I'm right smack in the middle of Gwinnett so I can meet you wherever. I'll be working this weekend but I don't go in till around 2:00. Let me know!

Daniel

15. Stewie

Kinda OT, but I had to do it :D

16. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

If Longfury doesn't want them I'll take them...

17. longfury

longfury Active Member

I'll take them. I dunno when I will get them installed though. Me,T ime and Energy need to have a meeting to see when we can have a meeting to discuss getting together to do some things :p

I am gonna be at the warehouse meet on Sat. I will be at SoG in the early afternoon. I will PM you my cell.

18. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

:crying: :bigthumb: