steve@SOG

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by mokinbird87, Aug 31, 2007.

1. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

i am so angry about the way he talked to me on the phone today. i was just simply trying to find out if the hawk brake pads i ordered are the right ones by giving SOG my VIN# and to see if my car uses the older design or the newer one (pad thickness and width varies on 2003 models depending on when your car was produced), but instead he first tries to make me sound like a dumbass by saying, "why do you want hawks? you know they make noises right?" (in a REALLY condescending way) etc.. and then when i ask about the design changes in the 03 models he says, "no, only the 06s have different brakes", and i say, yes, i know the 06s have the 4-pot..:squint: it's as if he was angry about something and he let it out on me.... EVERYONE else at SOG is super nice, but this guy...:hsnono:

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

should have called and asked for Lisa in parts. She is awesome.

3. techlord

techlord Active Member

Yes call Lisa and you are right Steve is difficult. He has no people skillz and should manage the dept only and not deal with customers.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2007
  4. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Lisa is top notch and very friendly...... and that's all I will say.

5. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with him, next time I guess you know to go directly to the people that are selling the parts you need though :)

7. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

LOL, I would find somewhere else to buy my brake pads.

8. Meredith

Meredith Banned

You can always buy pads off of tire rack

9. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Lisa is great, or you could buy from us ;)

Siegel

10. slowwrx

LOL at you guys

11. techlord

techlord Active Member

good idea, Mike is much easier to work on price that Lisa. She will not budge!

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I always had good experience with Lisa. The two other guys that were in the two offices next to what used to be Siegel were always jerks to me when I arrived at the dealership early and Siegel didn't get there yet. I dunno of one of them is Steve though.

13. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

This is another reason why I do all of my own work. I have had a few bad experiences with dealerships. The prices they charge are crazy for what you can DIY. The owners manual stickied in the DIY thread has everything you need to know about working on your car. Read it, learn it, love it.

14. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

maybe give Classic Subaru a try?

15. D_K

D_K Member

I actually had a bad experience with Steve also. I just had a simple question about taking out the brake pads, and he starts being rude. I forget what he said exactly, but basically he was making me feel like an idiot. I mean I know its basically plug and play but I wanted to make sure I was doing it the proper way and right the first go round.

16. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

what's up Danial-san, long time no see

17. D_K

D_K Member

What's up man! It has def. been a while. I've been burying myself in my books trying to hurry up and graduate. What have you been up to?

18. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

dealing with school just like you, we should go grab some food sometimes

19. Greg

Greg Active Member

The only two people I've delt with at SOG, are Lisa and Will. Lisa was super nice, and really knows her stuff. Will pretty much bent over backwards to help me out in a bind. So, the only reason I would go there, is either for warranty work, or parts, and I already have the two people I deal with, so no need for anyone else.

20. illepokok

illepokok Member

Everybody there has been nice to me but it may be that they think I work there because I am there so much.

21. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

This isnt the first Steve thread, nor do I think it will be the last. As said earlier in this thread, if you dont like dealing with him then there are several other subaru dealerships around Atlanta that might try harder to get your money. Lisa in parts is great, Will's great around back as a Tech, same goes for Bob. I normally try to buy VIN # specific parts, such as brake pads, from legit vendors so that I can call them instead of a dealership if I have questions. Any shop will be way more helpful than a service department that isnt making any money by answering your question unless you have the service done at their dealership.

As long as this thread remains civil we'll keep it open but if it devolves into namecalling and mudslinging then it will be locked.

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Exactly. With that in mind, the title has been edited. Please feel free to share your experiences but do so in a civil manner.

23. slowwrx

I'm not really sure he was out of line. Milo give me a ring, I need to tell you something.

Matt

24. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^I agree, it is sad when I go all the way around the building to go in the back door to talk to WJM just so I do not have to talk to him. I will say this though if you put him in his place as I did he will not talk down to you anymore.

25. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Regardless of how bad anyone's experience has been, I don't feel that this board should stoop down to childish name calling. Every ill experience can be shared in as much detail as necessary in a civil manner. Name calling does not add any information about the incident.

I tried calling you but it went to voice mail. Call me back when you get a chance. However, I might not be very coherent after 9pm ;)

26. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Yep, customers shouldn't let themselves feel intimidated.

If someone acts like an ass it's better to call them on it directly, people usually shape up a bit after that.

For me it's not the time to walk on eggshells for a moody service person when I can take my business somewhere else.

I do have to say that I haven't had an issue with Steve over at SOG when I've gone there for oil changes and general maintenance.

27. FACE

FACE Active Member

28. WJM

WJM Banned

This thread will cause a meeting first thing Tuesday morning.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  29. slowwrx

Edit for Will

30. WJM

WJM Banned

Edited for content.

Tuesday!

31. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

which is why you're only seeing a fraction of the actual complaints Will. people actually are concerned about the 1-3 people who work there who will be negatively affected by this stuff.

at the same time, we as a community cannot in good conscience, just let other members walk into the situation there and be blindsided by what goes on, which will negatively affect THEM. otherwise there's no point to this club.

32. techlord

techlord Active Member

Steve is the type of person that will not change so it may be a lost cause. You are the reason we come to SOG, if you leave we will follow. Talk to Batlground they only have one tech that I know of and he travels alot with the drifters. Also you will be on my side of town for once. :D

33. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Agreed completely. This club has always been about sharing information and experiences.

Our vendors are subject to the same rules and regulations as the members. They do not receive additional protection just because of vendor status. This is not going to change.

34. Greg

Greg Active Member

^Good! I think threads like this are what keep vendors on their toes... If they know that when they screw up it will be made public to the entire customer base, then they will try harder to please EVERY customer. Whether your the $10,000 customer, or the $10 customer, it shouldn't matter. And I agree, the only reason I ever go to SOG is because of Will. I could go to Troncalli in 20 minutes, or drive to SOG in an hour, but get better service/work done.

35. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

For what its worth,

Steve was EXTREMELY rude to me when i called to have a payment made a one of their cars that was here for tuning. He was very threatening, abusive and just an all around unprofessional human being. I didnt lose my cool (even though i wanted to) and just brushed it off.

The issue was over him wanting to pick up a car that had an outstanding bill with us. I told him it had to be paid for before i could release the vehicle, and he proceeded to chastize me and talk down to me . I mean, they dont let a car go without a bill being paid why should we?

I walked away with the impression that he was just a very unprofessional and immature guy.

Will, no one holds you accountable for someone elses actions. So dont let it get to you, its apparent there is a problem with HIM, not anyone else.

Lisa an the folks in parts have been nothing but friendly an accomadating to me so i have no problems with them either.

Hope there is a resolution to this.

-MIKE

36. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

If you end up dealing with someone you can not stand do as Mike said just brush it off. Go and ask for a more polite person to deal with.

cant let the small things get you all worked up.

37. techlord

techlord Active Member

In my experiences I did brush it off but after a few times my cajun upbringing got the best of me and I lit into his ass. I have never had a problem with him since. In fact, when my tranny blew and they shopped the job to Prestige and they did not install correctly or a bearing went bad...Steve, Scott, and Will went to bat for me (to get it rebuilt for free) and I am forever grateful. Steve is a great guy when you get to know him problem is that all effort has to be on your end not his as his first instinct is to be an ass. Steve if you do read this remember you get more with honey than with molassis (sp). If you do not care then go back to ford.lol

38. slowwrx

Don't get it twisted, Siegel went to bat for you on that one. If it wasn't for him that tranny wouldn't have gotten fixed. Will might have helped but I can't even tell you how many times I heard Siegel on the phone talking about that.

Matt

39. 4sevens

4sevens Member

I wonder if Steve reads this forum and if not I wonder if he'd change the way he treats his customers if he started checking us out.

40. slowwrx

This isn't the first Steve Sucks thread and it won't be the last. He isn't changing the way he does things.

41. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

i bet you he thinks we are all stupid teenagers wanting to race our imprezas and be wanting to upgrade to 'squeaky' hawks pads :dunno

42. techlord

techlord Active Member

absolutely 99% was Siegel, but I talked with the guy at prestige and he had no respect for SS, Will, or SOG in general. He (Sam C) is a liar, and I called him on it. Anyways SS did do most of the legwork but it was a team effort as far as I am concerned. My main point is that Steve should always be cool, not just after you have words with him.

43. WJM

WJM Banned

I have too much invested into being a SUBARU Master Technician just to walk away from it. I already talked to Top Speed a few months ago, the other dealers in town, SOJAX and Prestige in Asheville....basically, unless someone is going to guarantee me $80,000 a year and all I have to do is work on SUBARUs......I'm staying where I am at. Despite having to bust my ass off getting the work that I do get, I make a ton more money at SOG than if I were somewhere else.

There will be a move at some point...3~5 years from now. It will not be because I'm tired of SOG, or tired of ATL...it'll be the last move I make. Aka settle in one spot until the kid(s) have graduated high school...that kind of move.

He's going to see this one, thats for sure.

44. WJM

WJM Banned

BTW: Sam 'Crapenter' was fired about a month or so ago from Prestige.

Matt Hughes (sp?) is now the new Service Manager there. He's kick ass. I've known him for a while. Awesome guy. On top of that, hes a Senior Master Tech and knows what hes doing.

45. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^I am glad to hear that he has been canned, he directly lied to me on several occasions and bashed you and SS which I was not having.

I hope that Steve changes his attitude and remembers that he is in a customer service role...it will do wonders for your business.

46. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

maybe he just hates brakes.

47. WJM

WJM Banned

We all hate 'Just Brakes' thats for sure. lol

48. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Anything come of this?

49. WJM

WJM Banned

No.

Steve was willing to pull out the recorded phone conversation...since everything here is recorded.

I left it at that.

50. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

How long are recordings retained for?