storms

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mad Mallard, May 20, 2008.

1. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

everyone okay? I heard theres gonna be a 48 hour wait for power for more than 20,000 people..

i also heard I'm one of them... (at work now), and i have a few surprises waiting for me at home...

2. Deke

Deke Active Member

Damn, I heard a lot about hail around Georgia, and we were under a tornado warning (maybe still are) here in metro Atlanta, but didn't know about the power outages and such. Hope everything is alright for you back home!

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

No power here in marietta. Well, in this general area anyway. Posting from the blackberry. We had marble size hail for about 10 minutes. No damage to the 3 WRX's that were outside!

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Power just came back!

5. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Just drove from cumming to airport. No rain. Just a nice light show in the sky. Had some good rain earlier

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

i got outta the shower this afternoon to the tornado siren down the street. no damage and it only rained hard here for like maybe 15 minutes. lots of lightning for the same amount of time.

7. Mad Mallard

gas leak within 2 miles of home. road closed. Entire area without power. Getting home will be fun...

8. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

as always they missed us, just rain and surprisingly our backyard didnt flood!

9. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

had some sideways rain..bad wind...little bit of hail....sky on back side of house was green and on front side of house was black...but its all good.. Cobb Stage 2 Gutters FTW!!!!!...and a garage is a plus too...Hope everyone else is alright!!!

10. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

My boss's house got hit with some tree's and debris. Fortunately we were ok here. Only 3 miles away.

11. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

there were some pretty big trees down at the blankets creek trail in woodstock, and not the kind you would attempt going over on your mtn bike

12. Mad Mallard

tree hungry for subaru NOM NOM NOM

[​IMG]

13. Mad Mallard

it looks like a blast wave hit our yard...at least 20 trees downed or broken...@#%#$^@# our family doesn't have money for this...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Kris

Kris Member

Any of those trees cause damage?

15. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

16. Mad Mallard

to the house, there was a window that was blasted in, and a screened in deck.

The house is not the problem. The downed trees won't be covered by insurance because they didn't hit the house. there may be something like 30 trees, all taller than 20 feet

17. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Damn, someone lend this guy a chain saw and start selling firewood!

18. Mad Mallard

actually guys, there is a need here.

The good news is, the area is a declared state disaster. The Cherokee County Roads & Bridges dept will actually be hauling away tree debris for people; brush, limbs, logs, anything not building materials. The bad news is that I can't get a firm answer from the Dept when the last day for this will be.

...we don't have the liquidity in my family to hire the help needed to get this done in a hurry, there's two major medical issues in our house.

If anyone has any time they can spare on Friday, I have nothing to offer but my hospitality, but my dad is coming in town with some equipment and I could use any help anyone wants to give.