Street racing

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by rolling_trip, May 5, 2005.

1. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i try to avoid it... but eventually break down every once in a while

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

its events like that i try to avoid

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yeah... thats nothing but trouble... i might do the occassional 3rd gear pull to 90 but then i let off

5. married05gt

married05gt starting over

Can someone tell me whats in the vid. my dailup is to slow to watch the clip.:confused:

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

With the laws geared toward harsh penalties for street racing, plus the fact that the roads in Atlanta are so congested, I just don't partake. I will admit the occasional stopight race, but never more than 0-60 for me. I understand the desire, just not willing to pay the price. I have almost no respect for true street racing. Its stupid and dangerous in a city this crowded. Not saying that all people that do it are a-holes, just don't think there is a way to justfiy it, too many drag/street tracks around here to say it can't be done legally. Anywho, just my .02. By the way, I think there is a major difference between a hard highway pull, even with someone pulling with/against you, and a true street race...

7. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Depends on where you live. Down here on the southside of ATL most tracks are well over an hour away. I'm not condoning it or anything, I just wish there was a track closer to me.