StreetTune / ProTune

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Afande, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Afande

Afande Member

Does anyone know where to get streettuned or protuned in the Atl area? How much would it cost since I'm already at stage 2 level? Thanks.

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

What EM are you running?

3. Afande

Afande Member

Street Tune / Pro Tune

I have AP with stage 2 map.

4. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

We can tune your ST for $120 per hour. Likely not more than 2 or 3 hours total.

SS

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

How much of a gain have you seen over a vanilla stage 2 map with StreetTuner?

I really need an AccessPort.... or something.

6. siegelracing

It all depends on how close the off the shelf tune was. Some are pretty far and there are big gains available, some are pretty close and it's only 15 whp or so...

SS

7. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Cool. Hey, question: if you tune it, the map will be in a regular StreetTuner format so one could continue to futz with it later, right?

I'm getting an AP next week and ST soon thereafter, so might hit you up for a professional tune later... give me a better starting point than the base map to work with, I figure.

8. siegelracing

Yep, with ST you could continue to futz with it, but unless you're adding parts, why would you? If you are going to play with it yourself, make sure you have a GOOD wide-band.

SS

9. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Sweet, didn't realize you were doing ST now. That may push me toward the AP, especially at that price. I assume you are doing mainly street vs. dyno with the ST as well?

10. siegelracing

Yep, I will always want to know that it's right on the street.

SS

11. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I'd be getting a good wideband (like the LC1 setup) and an EGT gauge as well.

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I'm sure Siegel could sell you a wide-band :banana:

13. Afande

Afande Member

Since the ProTuner is out now and I'm not sure I could tune myself with the StreetTuner, I'm wondering whether any of the local shops are going to offer Protunes? The other alternative is to get the StreetTune and find someone or a shop that can tune? Any ideas on this? Is there anyone who has had success with streettune?

14. PapitoSTi

PapitoSTi Member

I got the COBB street tuner for a 04 STi for sale.

15. PapitoSTi

PapitoSTi Member

How about ECUTek for the EVO 8? I heard is out.

16. siegelracing

We are looking at getting Protuner. I can certainly tune you ST too. ECUtek for the Evo is out, but it's $2k for us to get the Evo software.... not sure if we're going to get it.

SS

17. PapitoSTi

PapitoSTi Member

Spread the word around the EVO community that you and SOG are thinking of getting the ECUTek for the EVO, just to see what responce you get. Might be a good invesment.

18. Afande

Afande Member

Scott, what does an ST tune involve? What will you need from me etc. I'd like to do this. Thanks.

19. siegelracing

You bring me your car with your ST setup, or I can put it on my laptop, and tune from there. Figure 3 hours for tuning = $360...

SS

20. PapitoSTi

PapitoSTi Member

Not to bust your bubble. But the Street tuner can only be loaded on one laptop. To loaded on another laptop you must unmarried it first and then remarried it using the new laptop. It kinda sucks. Remember you hasp key

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  21. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

i installed ST into THREE different computer, BUT you can only run on ONE computer at a time.