Stromung 3 inch Dual Tip Cat Back Exhaust

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Slowsoul, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

Holy crap I love this exhaust.

I ordered my parts from boxer4racing.com, they are a pleasure to deal with and I look forward to purchasing from them in the future. They carry a focused catalogue, not a whole lot to choose from, but everything that they carry is top of the line. So there isn't a bunch of garbage parts to sift through, which is awesome.

When I bought my WRX, it was already equiped with a TBE which was made up of a NUMBER 1 downpipe and an ANSA Silverline Cat Back Exhuast. The guy who I bought the car from said that he put it on because he liked loud exhausts and it was cheap...great :rolleyes: . He was right, it was loud...especially after I installed an up pipe. So I imeadeately started shopping for exhasts.

I was looking at the Maddad Whisper, Borla Hush, and Cobb exhaust systems. I had not considered Stromung exhausts because I didn't really know much about them...I wanted a quiet exhaust, but I still wanted to be able to hear my exhaust. I also wanted something different and subtle, which is why I was looking at the dual tips, and resonated single tips. After listening to countless sound clips, reviewing dB charts, and looking at pics of different exhausts I was still undecided. It was when I found boxer4racing.com and saw the Stromung exhausts that I made my mind up. It was described as quiet but not too quiet, it had the nice resonated dual tip muffler, and not many people run Stromung...it was perfect.

After the install I couldn't be happier! It sounds SO good! It was exactly what I was looking for, nice and mean, but not loud, no droning on the highway, and I can hear my self think and my dates talk.

As I mentioned in my review of the Cobb Downpipe, I didn't notice much of a perfomance difference after the install. The throttle feels better, the power feels more evenly distributed through acceleration...my butt tells me that there was no real increase in power, but more importantly no loss either.

The car is just more pleasant and fun to drive now.

Stromung Dual Tip Cat Back Exhaust gets a perfect 10.
    [​IMG]

I asked about the other two Stromung exhaust options, the single resonated tip, and the single straght cut tip. There is no difference other than the look...so if you prefer a single tip or a straight cut tip then you will still get the great Stromung sound!

seeya!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  2. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

how big are you dual tips?? I really miss my old stromung... Once I get my 2nd ride (IS), i'm gonna put that one back again.

3. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

I am pretty sure that it is the same exhaust that I was going to buy from you a couple of months ago...