Subaru Challenge Atlanta! CANCELED

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by RRSCR, Jun 14, 2006.

1. RRSCR

RRSCR <b>The Observer</b>

This event has been cancelled

Mark your calendars. Saturday October 7th is the date for the Atlanta venue of the 2006 Subaru Challenge series. It will be held at the Gwinnett County Fair Grounds. Participation will be limited to 125 Subaru owners/drivers. Cost will be $30 per participant. Event details will be listed on SubaruChallenge.com very soon.

This will be the fourth year the South Central region has hosted Subaru Challenges. Make your plans to be there and mark it as a must do on your calendar.

Randy Reinhardt
    South Central Subaru

PRESS RELEASE
    2006 Subaru Challenge Customer Appreciation Event Series
    http://www.SubaruChallenge.com

– July 2006 - Who doesn’t enjoy food, friends, fun and a little fast driving? Owners of Subaru manufactured vehicles are invited to do just that at a Subaru Challenge Customer Appreciation event. The 2006 season is just getting started (www.SubaruChallenge.com).

More Events and More Locations
    For 2006 the Subaru Challenge Events are currently set to visit five states; Missouri, Maryland, Georgia, Florida and Texas! Each Subaru Challenge Event is your opportunity to have fun with your fellow Subaru enthusiasts and your opportunity to test your own Subaru's capabilities using Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive® system and your driving skills in a controlled and safe environment. Also each event will allow attendees to check out the latest 2007 Subaru vehicles from the local dealerships, many newly released SPT® (Subaru Performance Tuning®) parts, door prizes and a picnic style lunch & beverages. Be sure to make on of these events a “Must attend” event for 2006!

Since 2002, the http://www.SubaruChallenge.com web-site has provided an easy to remember, centralized location for Subaru’s customers to find information on the Subaru Challenge format of events. Since its creation, the Subaru Challenge web site has currently assisted in the promotion of fourteen (14) customer-appreciation events hosted by several different Subaru of America® regions including; the Southeastern Region, the Central Region and the Penn-Jersey Region. These fourteen (14) events have hosted over 1,200 participants since the Subaru Challenge idea came about. In 2004 the Subaru Challenge website logged over 217,000 visitors to its pages, in 2005 the website logged over a half-million visitors to its pages!

For 2006 we are continuing the Subaru Challenge style of customer appreciation events for the newly re-aligned Subaru Regional offices. Here is the current 2006 schedule:

2006 Great Lakes Region Event #1 - Kansas City, Missouri - Arrowhead Stadium - July 1st, 2006

2006 Mid Atlantic Region Event #1 - Baltimore, Maryland - Ripken Field - September 16th, 2006

2006 South Central Region Event #1 - Atlanta, Georgia - Gwinnett County Fairgrounds - October 7th, 2006

2006 South Central Region Event #2 - Gainesville, Florida - Gainesville Raceway - October 21st, 2006

2006 South Central Region Event #3 - Dallas, TX - Texas Motor Speedway - November 11th, 2006
    Please visit http://www.SubaruChallenge.com for complete event details, On-line registration and more!

SubaruChallenge.com is also working to bring the Subaru Challenge event series to more locations across the United States including the Western U.S. and the New England area. Please visit http://www.SubaruChallenge.com for information.
    The Companies

SubaruChallenge.com is an independently-owned company, located in Riverview, Florida working with individual Subaru of America® regional offices to promote and market customer appreciation events held throughout the United States online. Trademarks are owned respectively by the companies.

Entry list:
    1)miloman
    2)WRXFan420
    3)Alex
    4)sti4u2nv
    5)knhtrdr
    6)MrCoffeeATL
    7)cannarella
    8)BrianGT
    9)M-Chan
    10)siegelracing
    11)BelvnAWD
    12)heathbar
    13)baddriver
    14)gotsol
    15)Sylver
    16)clemsonscooby
    17)techlord
    18)LiquidForce
    19)calmnothing
    20)Brian
    21)rexrocker
    22)Dacula Dean
    23)revel
    24)wrxguy
    25)Hazzard
    26)jayscoobiedoo
    27)06SilverBullet
    28)Ava
    29)slowwrx
    30)crashtke
    31)E-Mol
    32)Eric-RPS13-
    33)WJM

------ following added by milo --------
    There are less than four weeks until the October 7th Subaru Challenge happens at the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds outside Atlanta. Currently there are only 65 participants for 125 competition slots. It is about time to order the Food, T-shirts and the trophies for the event and if you guys don't get on the stick and sign up we won't order the right quantities and sizes.

Here is what the Atlanta T-shirt and trophies will look like. Each registered participant will receive a T-shirt...and if your fast enough you might get a trophy
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2006
  2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'll be there for sure... thanks for posting this up randy

3. RRSCR

Milo, I wasn't sure where to post this so put it where it should be on the board. See you next Saturday in Austell.
    Randy

4. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

Awesome! I'm looking forward to this.

5. jayj713

jayj713 Member

If I was actually good at driving I'd go :p

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

no problem randy, i'll move it to motorsports...

unfortunately i won't be able to make it down to austell next weekend since im still in dallas... i'll be back late august and will definitely make it to the subaru challenge

7. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

You can go and just spectate for this right?....

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yes u sure can... im not sure whether the rules allow it but if they do, i'll be giving ride alongs

9. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

oh that'd be sweet!!!..:sx:

10. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I will be there!!!!

11. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

are they goin to allow ride alongs this year?
    homeworkwilling ill be running

can we run the practice laps on a mtn bike ;)

12. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Last year's event had a lot of novices, come out and drive! Or if you want to get some practice in feel free to come out to local SCCA, BMW CCA or PCA autox in the meanwhile.

13. Demo24

Demo24 Member

I may drive this one, but if not I will likely be there to watch and possibly ride :)

14. cannarella

cannarella Member

Will they allow us red headed step children, aka the Saab 9-2x? We are Subaru through and through. Just with a pointy nose...

Andy

15. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Ride alongs should be allowed since (i'm assuming) atlanta region SCCA is hosting this event. AR SCCA has the insurance for drivers to have riders. Perhaps Joel will chime in with an answer to this.

just put some subaru badges on it ;)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  16. cannarella

cannarella Member

Thanks, I will keep my eyes peeled for an official response.

Andy

17. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Hmmm, how do i find out about this local stuff? And can I come to these with my RE92s? :rofl: These are the only tires I have and i can't pay for new tires :/

18. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Excellente, it's marked!

19. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

re-92s will be fine, you'll just do some drifting.
    i did my first autox on them and they love to cry

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

participating at these events is a low risk way to make u a better driver and learn the limits of your car

21. jayj713

jayj713 Member

So should i get front and rear sways before DP if i decide to do this? :D

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

swaybars and alignment might be good... but ur tires are probably the limiting factor in terms of your times for now...

23. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

well put ;)

24. lowflyingwrx

lowflyingwrx Member

Ive done my last 2 autox's with them and your not kidding.

25. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

PRESS RELEASE
    2006 Subaru Challenge Customer Appreciation Event Series
    http://www.SubaruChallenge.com

– July 2006 - Who doesn’t enjoy food, friends, fun and a little fast driving? Owners of Subaru manufactured vehicles are invited to do just that at a Subaru Challenge Customer Appreciation event. The 2006 season is just getting started (www.SubaruChallenge.com).

More Events and More Locations
    For 2006 the Subaru Challenge Events are currently set to visit five states; Missouri, Maryland, Georgia, Florida and Texas! Each Subaru Challenge Event is your opportunity to have fun with your fellow Subaru enthusiasts and your opportunity to test your own Subaru's capabilities using Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive® system and your driving skills in a controlled and safe environment. Also each event will allow attendees to check out the latest 2007 Subaru vehicles from the local dealerships, many newly released SPT® (Subaru Performance Tuning®) parts, door prizes and a picnic style lunch & beverages. Be sure to make on of these events a “Must attend” event for 2006!

Since 2002, the http://www.SubaruChallenge.com web-site has provided an easy to remember, centralized location for Subaru’s customers to find information on the Subaru Challenge format of events. Since its creation, the Subaru Challenge web site has currently assisted in the promotion of fourteen (14) customer-appreciation events hosted by several different Subaru of America® regions including; the Southeastern Region, the Central Region and the Penn-Jersey Region. These fourteen (14) events have hosted over 1,200 participants since the Subaru Challenge idea came about. In 2004 the Subaru Challenge website logged over 217,000 visitors to its pages, in 2005 the website logged over a half-million visitors to its pages!

For 2006 we are continuing the Subaru Challenge style of customer appreciation events for the newly re-aligned Subaru Regional offices. Here is the current 2006 schedule:

2006 Great Lakes Region Event #1 - Kansas City, Missouri - Arrowhead Stadium - July 1st, 2006

2006 Mid Atlantic Region Event #1 - Baltimore, Maryland - Ripken Field - September 16th, 2006

2006 South Central Region Event #1 - Atlanta, Georgia - Gwinnett County Fairgrounds - October 7th, 2006

2006 South Central Region Event #2 - Gainesville, Florida - Gainesville Raceway - October 21st, 2006

2006 South Central Region Event #3 - Dallas, TX - Texas Motor Speedway - November 11th, 2006
    Please visit http://www.SubaruChallenge.com for complete event details, On-line registration and more!

SubaruChallenge.com is also working to bring the Subaru Challenge event series to more locations across the United States including the Western U.S. and the New England area. Please visit http://www.SubaruChallenge.com for information.
    The Companies

SubaruChallenge.com is an independently-owned company, located in Riverview, Florida working with individual Subaru of America® regional offices to promote and market customer appreciation events held throughout the United States online. Trademarks are owned respectively by the companies.

26. 8urvtec

8urvtec Member

this sounds like alot of fun

27. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

It's Heyward's call to make. I'm not going to make it this year. Maryland is playing at GT that day.

28. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... sports < autoX

29. Is there an age limit or something for someone thats under 18?

30. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i believe that as long as you have a drivers license, you can compete... could someone verify?

31. BelvnAWD

Annnnnnnddddd....registered!

32. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I'm registered. :)

33. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

All you who are thinking about just watching, FORGET THAT!!!!! Come on out and play, you WILL enjoy it, I promise.

This is the best opportunity to experience Autocross. The courses are set up more for novices and the environment is super friendly. Plus, freebies from Subaru!

34. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

There is also a subaru challenge is in Gainesville, Florida, which Mere and I signed up for also.

--
    Brian

35. jt money

i might see you there. thats my home town and i was thinking of going home that weekend.

36. Sylver

Sylver Member

I think I'll sign myself up for this one as well, as a little day-after my birthday present to myself. :D

37. RRSCR

Subaru Challenge in Atlanta!!

We have locked in a Subaru Challenge on Saturday October 7th at the Gwinnett County Fair Grounds. Go to Subaruchallenge.com for full details. The competition will be limited to the first 125 people who register.
    This is a don't miss Subaru meet and friendly Subaru only autocross event. Freebies and free food and drinks. Register ASAP.

Randy Reinhardt
    South Central Subaru

38. BelvnAWD

Already done....:wiggle:

39. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im sooooo there :)

40. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Just registered.

41. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

In like Flynn.

42. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Registered and ready!! :)

43. 7wolf

7wolf Member

if i'm not working i'll be there to hang out. can't race the wagon just yet.

44. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

I ll ried my bicycle over

45. jt money

merged threads since it has the exact same info.

46. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

everyone who doesn't have an official sponsor, should put down WRXatlanta.com as their sponsor :D

47. jt money

bump come on guys i only see a handfull of people registered. this is a great novice event to compete with your fellow suby owners in a safe inviornment.

48. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

I'll be there as soon as I get some extra $ for the paypal.

49. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Come only people there are only 19 entries for the Atlanta event! This is really sad for a club that boasts 800 some members. :(

FYI there are already 66 entries for the gainsville fl event.

50. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I am so looking forward to this. Will be a great time.