Subaru Challenge sponsored by Folger Subaru in Charlotte, NC

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by penelope, Oct 27, 2008.

1. penelope

penelope Member

Myautoevents.com event page : http://myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=9513

Only 37 entries so far! :(

The site is Carowinds Amusement Park, and evidently the lot is huge. Jon Krolewicz and Steven Rankins are doing the course design.

A group of us is coming down from the Maryland/NoVa area. Anyone from teh ATL?

2. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

would love to...but soooo...far...away...

Also, there's a Siegel driving event at Little Tally that same day...thinking about that one, as well

3. WJM

WJM Banned

You mean a subie challenge as you cant use SUBARU in the name anymore. :rollseyes:

I'd be making sure carowinds isnt going to cancel last minute like they have done before.

4. penelope

penelope Member

Dave's got three events planned there right now (the "Subie" Challenge, a day-after-challenge CCR event, and another CCR event). I'd like to think he's got a guarantee for us.

5. WJM

WJM Banned

I hope so. It was either a 24hr or NCAC event that got canned a week before the event. Rankins knows. This was a few years ago, maybe management has changed.

6. Dstan

Dstan New Member

the Subaru Challenge is on Will and we sure would love to Beat... ah I mean see some people from Hotlanta there, esp Matt and Mere.

Karen=Penelope?? say it isn't so penelope, you don't look like a penelope

7. WJM

WJM Banned

I'm not in hotlanta anymore.

Either way, no way we are making it.

8. Dstan

Dstan New Member

I guessed as much Will, I missed you in Gainsville too :(

9. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

Wish I could make it, I loved the event in ATL last year!

10. Meredith

Meredith Banned

So that means I can bring out my 89 Civic to the challenge then :p
    I'm somewhat limited by a) I have to go to a family baptism in NJ this weekened and b) I don't own a subaru anymore