Dealer Review Subaru Of Gwinnett (2 cars in 2 months)

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by digitizedsoul, Nov 15, 2012.

1. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

I feel it's worth a review:

My wife and I bought her 2013 impreza 5 door from SOG through lance willhite about a month or two ago.
    We ended up with them/him after some internet searching and quoting. After meeting the guy we got along great, in fact I plan on inviting him hunting one of these days if I ever get my georgia license for the season, great guy.

The dealership experience was just fine. I felt no surprises, no one was eyeballing us / me the whole time, and generally felt respected the way one should when they are paying your salary via commission. :coolugh:

Jennifer (forget her last name) was the new car sales manager who came from the neighboring infinity dealer, and she was really helpful in getting my wife a really great loan through ACU with a 3% apr, on just an OFFER letter my wife had from her law firm that she hadn't even started at yet. Definitely what I considered to be above and beyond the norm, at least in my limited new car buying experience.

We brought her car back last week for it's first oil change, Lance filled it up with gas, had it washed VERY well (almost a full detail) as well as the oil change. This was pretty damn awesome if you ask me.

I all along intended to purchase two subaru's, one for my wife and one for myself, but after this process went so smoothly I decided to use Lance again for the ordering of my 2013 sti limited sedan, which should be here by the end of the year.

I can say with confidence using this dealership was success. I could easily recommend it to a friend or family member in the area with no remorse.

2. jautry27

jautry27 Member

It's been a while since I've dealt with SOG sales, but the one time I did(in 2006), I had a bad experience. I also haven't had the greatest experience with the service, but I'll be damned if those ladies in parts don't know what they are doing.

3. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Sikes, Neal (no longer there) and Jill..not even sure if she's there anymore are the only people I enjoyed dealing with. Glad the purchasing went well!! Thanks for sharing

4. jautry27

jautry27 Member

Jill is still there, not sure about Sikes, and if its the same Neil I am thinking of (Freidberg), then he works for the dealer that ripped me the fuck off, which is Nissan of Athens.

5. longfury

longfury Active Member

I had a bad experience around this time as well with the sales department.

6. jautry27

jautry27 Member

In 2006, my mother was going to co sign with me on a 2003 wrx, and her credit score was over 800, and they tried to hit her with a 17% interest rate. As she politely said "hell no" and started to walk out, they tried to come back and say "oh oh oh, we'll do 7%". The damage was already done and we still walked out

7. digitizedsoul

I will add to this review that I still haven't received my 2013 STI limited sedan I ordered on 10/5. It is week 11 of the 12week quoted wait time, and the car hasn't even left japan from what we can tell.

Lance / Jenn @ SOG are trying to snatch another STI up from the national allocation which I find admirable, but we will see how that pan's out. It may not be their FAULT things are going this way, but it is certainly their burden to resolve. Hell it's only because of these forums and constant community updates about SOA and their logistics that I even know it isn't their fault, if I was the typical car buying consumer I wouldn't look anywhere past my salesman.

8. longfury

longfury Active Member

A few weeks after you ordered your car, Subaru upped the estimates for special orders up to 4 months or more for almost all models. You will probably have another 4-6 weeks to wait. This is not their fault. Subaru is suffering from more popularity than capacity at their factories.

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

This.

The car is so popular here that they canceled it in the UK to help get cars to US customers.

:)

10. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

I have also seen a lot of cases where the car just magically showed up without any warning. In previous years, Subaru was great about sending VIN's and other information about the car so you knew the progress. With the 2011+ GR's and the BRZ, it seems that the process of keeping the consumer informed completely went away. It might just show up one day and you'll get the phone call "it's here!" instead of getting updates as the process moves forward.

11. digitizedsoul

Yeah I got an update from them finally. Car HAS been built, despite 4 previous "updates" saying it hadn't been built lol.

It will hit baltimore January 22nd and the dealership probably 8-10 days after that.
    I mean i'm fine waiting, but being told by week 12 it hasn't even been built is rather unnerving. My truck sucks, it's eating oil like a furnace.

Oh they are giving me a loaner too until then, which is pretty awesome.

12. digitizedsoul

You know I must admit, the fact that they gave me this 2012 outback for 5 weeks isn't something to laugh at. With my commute all week plus all the running around I do otherwise i'll probably put an oil change worth of miles on this car, it only had 8000 when I got it from them.
    That's a pretty big commitment to the customer, not to mention i've read and been told of many others requesting a loaner from their dealership and being told no.

I will say this about the outback though, the car is HUGE. It FEELS huge, even for an AWD subaru. I guess i'm used to my wifes 2013 impreza which feels like a go-kart, but this car shows its weight and size without reservation.

13. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

that's pretty cool they gave you a rental. I didn't think that was even done at all. Guess these final few weeks are gonna be excruciating to wait through (so close yet so far), can't way to see it when you get it tho!

14. Aggregate

Aggregate Member

Oh man its gotta be getting close! Hope everything goes smoothly when you pick it up! You letting them detail it?

15. digitizedsoul

Yeah why not, but told them to go easy on the tire shine after what I've heard.