Subaru wrecked - Shittest day of my life...

Discussion in 'General Community' started by scooby_snacks, Oct 28, 2007.

1. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

Officially the worst day of my life. Heading to the auto cross this morning with my mate on a road leading to the highway. It's about 7am and everything is extremely cold, not giving it much at all just cruising a little above the speed limit and driving casually. Coming out of a turn I suddenly find my back end coming around, try to counter steer and power out but I hit some grass and ended up wrapped around a tree.

I honestly don't know exactly why it happened. It's weird, there was no squeaking from the tyres at all, it suddenly just went. I don't think they were warmed up enough and neither was the concrete. I know I wasn't pushing it because my mate travelling the same speed as me in his lesser handling wrx with stock tyres was completely fine. Something somewhere must have messed up. Needless to say I'm completely pissed off that the labour of my love is now destroyed.

I am completely fine, the jdm wrx seat was awesome at holding me in a good posture when impact was made, it was also a testament to the glory of seatbelts. The only injury i have is a bruise around my right eye. Soon as impact was made I was able to get up and get out. The car still runs lol. And I love this car, it has provided me with joy over the years and it is something that I hold very close to my heart. It managed to save my life upon impact. I feel like I've lost a relative, it sucks. I don't know where I'm going to go car wise next up, I'm going to university full time so getting enough money from part time work for anything desirable is damn near impossible and I don't think my parents are going to help me get anything fun, even if the RS is not particularly fast.

I'm incredibly happy to be alive, I got out very lucky considering the damage my baby took. I'm also thankful that I had no passenger in the car, my girlfriend, as I couldn't have lived with myself if this accident had caused injury to anyone else. The lesson to be learned from this is be 100% fucking sure of the conditions around you, even if you think things look alright, they can still fuck you over. Wear a seat belt. And Impreza RS's are the best car of all time.

Rest in Peace
    [​IMG]

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

sorry for your loss.. Im glad your alright

3. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

wow that sucks man.

Glad you are ok though

4. scooby_snacks

I'm happy to be alive, just have a tremendous feeling of guilt and loss. Despite the emotional connection I have with the suby, it's still an object at the end of the day. Getting crushed by a tree was about the only way I was ever going to be separated from it lol!

5. 1naplay

1naplay Member

sorry, that really hurts, I feel your pain :(

6. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

Dammit!!!! omg glad you're ok call me tomorrow when u have a chance J.

7. FACE

FACE Active Member

:wtc:

Im truly sorry to hear about your girl, but very happy to hear your almost injury free...
    Three month after I bought Elanor I jumped a 10in curb and was caught by about 7 small trees. My buddy was with me and it was mostly on his side but he did not get hurt Thank the Lord.

Best of luck with the strain this puts on life and you may think about seeing an opthamologist (Retinal doctor) because of the bruse around you eye especillay if you notice and vision changes.

Again bro Im sorry to hear about this...

8. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Whew,

It's good to hear that that nobody suffered major harm, and I'm sorry for your loss.

9. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

sorry for the loss as it is never fun to loose a car you enjoy and put time and $ into... like everyone else says luckily you are ok and walked away from it....kinda shines a new light on life after having something like that happen..keep us updated what is next to come..

10. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Wow man that sucks but at least you are ok and you realize a car is just an object.

How about some revenge against a certain tree?

I've got one of these.
    [​IMG]

11. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Holy Sh$t dude....

Sorry to hear this. Glad you walked away OK though.

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

That sucks man... glad ur ok!

13. scooby_snacks

Oh believe me, the roof buckled too. I need to add some more pictures.

Thanks alot for all the kind comments. I think I'm going to get a boring ass safe as fuck daily driver, and then get a pre-obd II, stripped, old, smelly Suby with some wide slicks for track fun.

The insurance company is Cotton State, not had to deal with them before so it's going to be interesting how this works out. My main worry is the future of my license, although both of the citations, "Striking a fixed object" and "too fast for conditions" carry ZERO points, my luck is down at the moment, and considering I only just got my license back a month or so ago I can see them being pricks to me. However, it would not surprise me if the cop did not show up to court for these 2 offences, as every time I've been with other people they don't seem to show for small things. I'm going to find a lawyer to speak to and see what is going to happen.

Has anyone got any recommendations? Didn't Milo have a good one who's been used by a few people here?

Injury wise I feel a bit more beaten up today. Neck is a little strained and the eye cavity is a tad bruised. But I'm alive, and that's something no car can replace. At least the RS gave it's life for mine... god I'm looking too much into it, the emotional connection I have with that car is sick!

Gotta smile and move on!

14. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

man that sucks....another one bites the dust

good to see that you are alive and well tho

15. scooby_snacks

what the hell is going on with these post time warps?! I posted just now and it came on the second page:

Oh believe me, the roof buckled too. I need to add some more pictures.

Thanks alot for all the kind comments. I think I'm going to get a boring ass safe as fuck daily driver, and then get a pre-obd II, stripped, old, smelly Suby with some wide slicks for track fun.

The insurance company is Cotton State, not had to deal with them before so it's going to be interesting how this works out. My main worry is the future of my license, although both of the citations, "Striking a fixed object" and "too fast for conditions" carry ZERO points, my luck is down at the moment, and considering I only just got my license back a month or so ago I can see them being pricks to me. However, it would not surprise me if the cop did not show up to court for these 2 offences, as every time I've been with other people they don't seem to show for small things. I'm going to find a lawyer to speak to and see what is going to happen.

Has anyone got any recommendations? Didn't Milo have a good one who's been used by a few people here?

Injury wise I feel a bit more beaten up today. Neck is a little strained and the eye cavity is a tad bruised. But I'm alive, and that's something no car can replace. At least the RS gave it's life for mine... god I'm looking too much into it, the emotional connection I have with that car is sick!

Gotta smile and move on!

16. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

nooo... that blows. wonder if your rear diff blew up or something like that???

17. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

Glad to know you walked away from that, That was a hard hit.

I see A-TOW picked it up. Do you have full coverage on your car? if so I'll probally be picking it up since I drive a tow truck as well for a living. take it to the body shop so your insurance can come look at it.

18. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

wow im glad your okay! Were you just at bank of america yesterday?

19. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

that sucks dude, glad your okay!!

20. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

damn! thats sucks man but the important thing is that youre ok!

21. Brian

Brian Active Member

It was a sweet ride, but at least everyone's ok. It's worth going back to the scene to try and figure out what happened. "Unknown" causes of a crash can mess with your head/confidence. BTW, the tree that got me a few years ago has been... "handled".

22. Brian

Brian Active Member

Alex!? I should have had post #28 (@2pm), but got post #21(@9:50am). Is this the spooky Halloween mod?

23. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

I can relate to your pain. I went through a very similar situation with my WRX. Focus on the important part: nobody got hurt.

24. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

That really sucks, did you have those tires that came with the wheels you bought last week on when you wrecked? That was a beautiful car, but I am glad no one was hurt.

25. Deke

Deke Active Member

Damn dude, sorry to hear about. I had a similar experience (emotional attachment and all) with my old Mustang. It sucks to lose her, but it's good that you came out with only minor injuries.

26. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

I'm sorry about what happened. I heard from casey foster about this and it was just nuts. Sucks to see a nice RS go to the graveyard. Hope your transition to another car goes smoothly. Good Luck and let us know if we can help.

27. caseyfoster

caseyfoster Member

Im trying to encourage him to get a 02+ wrx something with a turbo.

28. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

that is just horrible... but i'm glad you walked away from it. sounds like it may have been black ice. wretched stuff. if it was that, there was nothing you could have done.

29. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

Sorry to hear of your loss. But I'm really glad that your ok!Who is your insurance co?

30. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

Hey is the roof buckled and the floor or just the floor. I'm not 100% sure, but if the main area of damage is to the door,floor,light qtr panel damage , there is a slight chance that it will be salvagable. If you have good insurance... I just need some good pictures of the damage area to write a quick est. for you to see if repairing it is possible. If you have Progrxxx ins. It may very well be a total loss, if its State Fxxx, it may be repairable.

31. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Sorry to hear about the loss! Glad you're okay though....

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  32. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Damn Jack!!!

That truly sucks man. I'm just glad you're ok.....I hope something good can come of this....

:(

33. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

oh man, at least you are okay

what tires were you running?

34. savsuby

savsuby Member

Sorry to hear what happened. Glad your ok.

35. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Wow man, I'm glad to hear you're alright. I had my own little close call friday night but mine ended with some scratches and nothing major. The car can be replaced, you however cannot.

36. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

Damn man that sucks but like everyone said, at least you're ok. Not trying to sound rude or anything, but I do have my wrx for sale for I think fairly cheap, and it has all the major tune-up stuff just waiting to be installed so it would be very reliable. I'm trying to keep it now, but I would still let it go.

37. scooby_snacks

Thanks for all the nice words. Naah I don't think I'm going to go with a WRX. I don't feel like more power at the moment. I'm going to try and seperate the daily driving and fast track driving. So far I'm thinking of a miata as a reliable practical efficient daily driver, and then a project brighton for the track. Both of them are cheap and the miata is a good fun car.

38. Jake

Jake Active Member

i got t-boned in the driver door at less than 50mph and the car was basically totalled. cuz i can almost garuntee that if there was any direct contact with a wheel on that car, then the transmission is gone. thats $2000+ right there. my '02 wrx was valued at 10,100 and the original estimate was for 6500, so they didnt total it. then it jumped to 8800 and after the tranny and labor over 12,100 dollars of work went into it. and if you count the fact that the guy who bought it from me just spent over $2000 to replace the shortblock then its way beyond totalled. just saying, if he hit anything at over 50mph i can almost garuntee its totalled. especially being an rs, lower value to begin with.

but dude i feel your pain, when i got in my wreck my parents were basically like "that sucks for you" so i fought to get the car back. in retrospect i'm kinda pissed i didn't just let it get totalled, cuz i had nothing but problems till i sold it. its been pretty hard to move on from my subie (even though i've been thru 6 other cars), but i got lucky the guy who bought it is my friend and i'm still able to see it (and even drive it) whenever i want. my advice, since you said your parents are pushing you to not get another "fast" car, is to find a cheap beater and save for something you can really enjoy when you're done with school or whatever your plans are. and in the mean time slowly build a reliable, clean daily driver. i got me an acura, its nice. an older GC would be cool too. anyways, just my .02, good luck man!

39. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

Don't blame you at all. I too was thinking about that same route, if I sell this. Good luck and have fun, just be careful.

40. Jake

Jake Active Member

someone is selling a 99 miata on 4touge.com.......

41. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about your wreck. I had an 03 outback sport that got run into by a small truck, and I had to get another Subie. Good thing Subarus are safe cars, I walked away from that, glad to hear that you did too.

42. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I didnt get a chance to reply to this thread yesterday but that stinks. At least you're alright :)

This gives you a new chance for a fresh start with another car though.

43. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

It really is most important that nobody got hurt. I don't know if it would make you feel better, but I might be able to give you some $$$ for your motor...

Siegel

44. scooby_snacks

Well it does make me feel better, unfortunately your avatar removes that. Thankfully I won't be seeing too many RS's around town to rub it in. But yeah so far it looks like it's going to be a big part out but I'll keep everything updated.

45. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Im interested in your cf dash trim

46. LazyGun

LazyGun Member

That sucks mate, sorry to hear about it. Without trying to repeat everything everyone else said, it's a good thing you were all wearing seatbelts.
    My subaru is currently at Troncalli being repaired from where a kid in a taurus thought that the bright blue colour was pretty and had to touch it.
    Luckily it was low speed and the car wasn't too badly damaged (if 4500 dollars is not much damage :) ).
    Hopefully yours is repairable too.

47. scooby_snacks

Well some good news is that the lawyer said the striking a tree violation he gave me has the wrong offense code or whatever it is called. According to what my citation says it means that I didn't report the offense properly and tried leaving the scene.

Can you believe that you get 3 points for hitting a fucking tree??? And I get 0 points for too fast for conditions. Milo's recommended lawyer is good.

48. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

sry about the car man...i am sure you'll be able to build another one as time passes by, good to know you are good.

49. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Hey come hang out with me and 2.5RS and we'll show you what a loud slow RS looks like. :rofl::rofl:

Since you're good, hope you can laugh now.

50. scooby_snacks

Yeah humour has been the best way for me to deal with this really!