SubaruWRXparts.com

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by squirrel999, Apr 1, 2009.

1. squirrel999

squirrel999 New Member

Story: ordered rear brake rotors. They were wrong, and I didn't notice until I'd driven them for A DAY (they have less than 50 miles on them).

My problem is, I got to them by choosing my car's make and model, then brakes, then I clicked on the front stock rotors, and underneath them, in a box, were rear rotors, which I clicked on and which said: "Genuine Subaru replacement Subaru brake rotors. Sold individually." What I DIDN'T notice was that on the left hand side, suddenly I was no longer in my make and model (2006 WRX). (SIDE NOTE: The "stock" front rotors--THAT WERE SUPPOSEDLY FOR MY CAR, A 2006--that I originally clicked on and navigated to by picking 2006 WRX suddenly change on the left side also--apparently they actually fit an 02-03 Impreza...I would think that, at least, would be misleading). I called them, and they are unwilling to do anything. No taking it back for partial refund, no discount on new rotors, not even an admission that maybe it is a LITTLE misleading to pick your car, and click "stock" front rotors and have it suddenly jump to a different make and model. Those front rotors should not be listed under the 2006 WRX.

I do understand their point that I should have noticed that the rear ones were merely listed under "customers who bought this (the NON STOCK 2006 front rotors parading as stock ones) also bought this (the rear ones)," and should not have assumed they'd fit. HOWEVER, if it was my company, I would at least try and work SOMETHING out (personally, I'd have taken them back for a partial refund and then sold them as used--they'd STILL make a profit doing that) so that my customer didn't feel like I didn't give a *&%$ about them.

I will not be ordering from them again, since they obviously do not give a *&%$ about me.

So now I'm out $140, and I have no rear rotors that work, and to get them from anywhere around here is $150 EACH. So I'm borrowing a friend's leaky miata (fun, but a little damp ;) ), waiting on my old ones to see if they can even be turned, and my car is up on jack stands in the driveway.

If you order from them, make sure you call and give them your VIN number so that your order doesn't get screwed up. That was one expensive lesson for me.

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

PM either me or Alex about the rear brakes...I will see what I can do to help you out.

3. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Sorry to hear that. I've had stuff like that happen to me. Just look at it as a somewhat inexpensive way to learn who NOT to do business with. And you can probably sell those like-new rotors to someone...

You should check with 10th St. JDM if you have to order new ones. They'll get it right.

4. squirrel999

squirrel999 New Member

Thanks!

Really appreciate it, guys. :)

5. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Autozone duralast discs ftw. you should be out the door for around $100 for 4 rotors. they're not the prettiest things on my car but they work as brake discs.

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

That is BS. I hope all works out in the end for you.

If Alex or Brett can't help you out, I would call SubaruWRXparts.com again, be polite and explain what happened. If they are still unwilling to work with you, let them know you are the member of a local Subaru community with over 2500 members, and that you will be sure to let everyone know of the horrible experience.

7. squirrel999

squirrel999 New Member

Brett is helping me, so thank heavens I don't have to deal with them anymore. And, as a side note, even though subaruWRXparts.com's prices are supposedly "ridiculously low" he's getting me almost the same price! Yay! Brett is awesome!

I was very polite when I talked with them this morning (maybe not so much in the message I left last night at 8 pm when I hadn't eaten, was grumpy, etc. but even then I was civil) and they basically just said that I was a dum-dum and should have known that I was getting the wrong thing. I even talked to the parts manager. I suggested the partial refund/them reselling them and making a profit anyway and both people (Nick and Julie) said "absolutely not. there is no way we can take rotors back if they've been used blah blah blah policy etc."

And then. They "offered" to look up the correct part for me using my VIN number and said they'd sell it to me for their usual website price. How very lovely of them! (SARCASM). I said no thank you.

8. squirrel999

squirrel999 New Member

So I THINK these fit an 02-03 WRX, and I'd like to sell them but haven't posted enough posts yet. If anyone sees this and wants them, PM me and I can meet you anywhere in Atlanta. Just want to get rid of the damned things. Would take $100 for them (I paid $140 and they have <50 miles on them)...if this doesn't work I'll post them on Craigslist or Ebay or something. Sigh.

I can provide dimensions if anyone is interested.

9. techlord

techlord Active Member

well problem is you can buy an entire set of slotted and X drilled for a bit more.
    Lesson learned dont deal with them again.
    10th ST JDM FTW yo!

10. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

never heard of them... where are they located?

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

iirc the rear brakes between 02-03 are different. That may just be the calipers though

12. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

moved to the proper forum....sorry to hear about the troubles with your brake issue, but glad that brent and Alex are getting you taken care of. :)