Suby is long gone...so I got something new!

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Slack, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Slack

Slack I take peekture, CLEEK! Supporting Member

I sold my ****ing heart-breaking, bank draining EZ30R Impreza project car a while back. For a while, I just rode my motorcycle as a daily driver and it worked fine. However, I just didn't get the same joy from two wheeling as I did with a fun car with good handling. So, I decided to buy something new. Here's what I got:

[​IMG]
    uno by Michael McNeal Photography, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    dos by Michael McNeal Photography, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    tres by Michael McNeal Photography, on Flickr

All I have to say is :D It is a blast to drive and I barely miss my Suby anymore. It is still bone stock and will probably stay that way for a while.....maybe. I've already looked into mods, but I'll probably just stick to getting better tires and a more agressive alignment.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Congratulations! Are you going to fill in that loveable Mazda :D with a few teeth? :)

3. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Ooooh. Good choice. I love the new Miatas. I don't know much about them though. Except that they look awesome, and probably handle like a beast.

4. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Nice new car, I know my next car will probably stay stock and be quiet and cushy. Way less headaches and end-cost that way.

Out of curiosity, did anyone ever get your H-6 impreza to run?

5. dragonle87

dragonle87 New Member

6. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

There is a 320whp NC roaming around Atlanta. He has a prototype turbo kit from Begi (Bell Engineering).

7. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I enjoyed my 07 while I had it, but family situation really called for something with a back seat. The only problem I foresee for you is that the Miata is every bit as modifiable as the Subbie! Good luck resisting.

8. Slack

Slack I take peekture, CLEEK! Supporting Member

Wow. I totally forgot about this thread. Know how I know I'm on too many forums?

Nope. Never got it running. Sold it for pennies on the dollar and I have no idea what has happened to it since then.

Especially without a limited slip.

I've been able to resist modding my car by going through a divorce and losing my job. :unamused: When I get things back on track, I plan on working on the suspension, getting a LSD and probably a full exhaust. :D

9. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Woah, seems to be a lot of that going around. Sorry to hear it. I would highly recommend the Racing Beat Exhaust. It was near perfection on my car. Good luck with everything and don't forget to update this thread whenever you are able to begin putting a few parts on.

10. fourdegrees

fourdegrees Member

What year. I read they made some changes that improved the character of the car.