Summits coming to town

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by rolling_trip, Aug 9, 2005.

1. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

My guess is absolutely nothing. They seem more like a Pep Boys or Advanced Auto Parts than a Topspeed or Knowledge or SOG. I don't think it will do much to the little Specialty shops in the area.

3. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i don't think (err, hope) it'll have the "wal-mart" effect if that's what you mean... most mod people i've met are pretty close with their choice of shop/tuner.

a man's ride is his machine-his weapon of choice. i don't know about you, but i like very personal/personable service when someone goes digging into mine.

at the least it'll put some shadey shops out to the curb?

4. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I'm stoked about it! While I may not buy much subbie specific stuff there, race/autox items will most likely be purchased there. Plus it will give me a chance to actually see a part before I buy it, if I want...

5. rolling_trip

wasn't talking about tune shops, more like places like barnnets, that mainly sell parts

6. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

i never bought anything for my suby from summit...do they carry a lot of stuff?....i always thought they were more muscle cars and honda parts?

7. rolling_trip

getting more and more into sport compacts

8. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

oh, i went to their page and saw "maps, get your maps!" so i figured they focused on tuning/work as well as parts.