Super Siegel...SRDEC FTW

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by techlord, Aug 23, 2007.

1. techlord

techlord Active Member

Thank you Scott Siegel for one of the most fun days I have experienced in 36 yrs, what a blast, it was hot as fawk, but worth every single minute and penny.

I had planned to just pay the minimum but quickly coughed up the rest to get the full suite that Siegel Racing Driver Education Clinic had to offer. Boy I sure am glad...because without his instruction I would have probably done some damage.

Example: I went off just before the U turn had a few more laps went in for some schooling by the Siegel, on the next outing due to the knowledge learned (in previous class session) I saved that exact situation from happening at least on 4 other occasions. What a professor he truly is...If you have ever wanted, thought about, or plan to go to the track I highly suggest taking his SRDEC. It helped me greatly and I will probably not sleep for days thinking about my next session!

Lessons learned - Get some good pads and Brake fluid (Especially the fluid) I had serious fade...HP+'s demolished my ebay rotors (fronts only) what garbage pads they were simply coming apart but could have been an issue with the cheap rotors as the surface was smooth as a babies ass last night and pretty much destroyed from the pad chunks.

Next: New pads XP10's Front XP 8's Rear, new rotors, the best fluid I can find, and some damn good tires. I really want to go out with some good tires these Nexen N3000's suck ass! My car was performing awesome and I really want to see what I am capable of if I do the changes above.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  2. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

yeah, scott's got a great teaching streak in him. the xp 10/8 combo will give you pretty much invincible brakes. but just use them for track, they're loud and pricey ;)

3. Brian

Brian Active Member

FYI, even XP10's will fade at Road Atlanta. I think brake ducts are the final piece of the puzzle.

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Yeah I agree, they may help save bearings too.

Glad you had fun Rick, its always a blast out there :)

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

Yeah the noise does not bother me at all, but I am in search of the *best* pads and the highest temp fluid that can be purchased.