Suspension rebuilt

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by trouble06, Jan 18, 2015.

1. trouble06

trouble06 Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm looking to find someone who can rebuild european suspensions. Brand is AST and they are 2 ways. One is leaking and rebuilt is needed. The 4 of them would be rebuilt.
    I, already, contacted AST in California but l want a local option if possible.

Thank you.

2. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

Curious to see what comes of this. I can't help, but have a set of Ohlins fixed perch struts that could use a rebuild about 50K ago. Note, I'm not in Atlanta anymore, currently Orlando.

3. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

I wish I had an answer for this one, when I bent a RCE Tarmac 2 I found out I can only send them back to KW out in California also (for $250/corner).

I have read on nasioc/iwsti that Feal who re-valves stock struts will also do coilover rebuilds, sadly they are not local either.

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

Feal can service AST COs

5. trouble06

trouble06 Member

$250 is the quote I got plus minor parts plus shipping plus.......
    I'm going to check FEAL' s location

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

they are left coast as well

7. trouble06

trouble06 Member

I just looked at their website. They might be a bit cheaper and faster turnaround in CA also.

8. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

The only good local option would be Motion Control Suspension up near us. Another great option, and my recommendation, would be Olsen Motorsports in IL - we use them for all of our JRZ stuff and they do a great job.

9. trouble06

trouble06 Member

AST is getting "cheesy". I might be able to have them serviced by the old AST management, we'll see. Thank you Mike for the other options. I'll definitely check MCS and Olsen.