Switched power & dash light power

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by moose, Feb 9, 2005.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I got my Autometer Cobalt boost/vac gauge in the mail today. Install seems easy enough, but I'm wondering what the best places are to tap dash lighting and the switched +12V the gauge requires. (The switched +12 specifically shouldn't turn off when cranking, it mentions.)

Any suggestions?

2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I tapped mine into the plug behind the clock.

If you pull the clock out the plug on the back of it says exactly which wires are which. There's one for illumination, constant 12v, accessory 12v, and I forget the last one.

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Thanks! How much of a pain was it to remove the clock pod?

4. GTscoob

2 secs really.

Wait, actually I dont know how different it is in the 05s with the different interior. With the older style interior you just have to remove the radio surround and you have access to pop the clock out.

If you can take the radio out just squeeze your hand up there and you can unclip the clips that hold the clock pod in there. It should be two clips along the front side (closest to you).

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Yeah, I tried searching for info on how to pull the radio in the 05, but didn't find anything. The interior is a bit different, but hopefully the bezel and radio will come out the same way.

6. GTscoob

I know with the 02s you had to pull the cupholder out and then it just made it easier to pop the panel off.

Just kinda open everything you can and look for screws.

You might be able to just push towards the windshield on the edge of the clock pod closest to you. The plastic will give a little bit and it might be enough to unclip the clips.

7. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

I used Fuse box right below fog light switch. it's really easy.

8. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I tapped mine behind the clock as well...but that doesn't help much since I have an '03. :) So, here are some instructions from Nasioc:

Hope this helps!

- Clay

9. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Sweet! I did some searching on NASIOC, but found their search function to be pretty useless overall... appreciate it!