system

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by I3unz, Mar 30, 2006.

1. I3unz

I3unz Member

can u hook up subs with the stock cd player or do i have to get a headunit?

2. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

you can with a line output converter(29.99). It splices in to the harness. Make sure you have an amp too.

3. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

as B said, but if you are plannin on hitting hard be looking to upgrade your components pretty quick.

4. Trey

Trey Active Member

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea i have stock cd player with an amp/woofer.. sounds ok..would definately sound better with a better head unit but its good enough for my budget

6. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

the stock head unit can be fine as long you upgrade the components and amp them as well. i ran my stock head unit with diamond components and a jl 12 w7 for a while after i pulled out my indash dvd and it still sounded great

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

You could see about buying one of the OEM woofers, that will be the easiest install for ya.

8. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

its always better with aftermarket bc in most cases you will have subwoofer control as you will not with the stock radio. Plus the output on a stock radio suxors.

9. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

i had my stuff in for about 2 weeks and hated how it sounded. replaced it ASAP

10. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

I have components in the front, 2-way speakers in the back, a 10" sub and a 6-channel amp. It sounds great through my stock head unit. It also hides the fact that I have aftermarket stereo equipment. I don't want to lose my in dash changer either.

11. I3unz

I3unz Member

thanks for all the infos i think i'm just gonna use the stock one till i get a headunit

12. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

i was using a 15'' sub with a 1500 watts amp onmy stock head unit and it sounded great..

13. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

My car came with the so called "upgraded stereo system" with that tiny sub under the pass. seat. I think it sounds like total assssss... too bad I've spent 5 g's on upgrades and not one cent on sounds...

14. flip

flip Member

I feel you about not loosing your changer. I have 2 12's in my trunk with a line in converter. It soudns good and will keep me happy for a good bit but i will upgrade head unit, speakers, and all before too long...

Whats the deal with that jlaudio thing? i don't quite get what it is exactly. Does it amplify inline? or replace the stock amp? (if there is one)?