Taken

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by Bug-Rex, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Taken is the best movie I have ever seen. Hands down. Full review to come tomorrow morning.

Seriously though, the BEST movie I have ever seen.

2. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

Wow.

Thats huge.

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah don't know about the best movie ever. definitely could have used a little more detail on some parts and the daughter wasn't casted very well IMO, she wasn't that great of an actor.

however, the movie was excellent and definitely worth paying to see in the theater. I would probably rank it up there with some of the better bond movies.

PS: the audi towards the end sounded amazing.

4. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

saw it tonight (more like this morning), it made james bond look like a pussy, awesome movie

5. WTFJayJay

WTFJayJay Member

haha, yeah he does mess some people up. i think its cuz he feels the need to hit every other guy in the neck.. lol. funny thing about that movie though, is its actually been out for quite awhile other places and they just started adverting it in the states. i down loaded it almost 4 weeks before i even saw the previews for it on tv here :p

6. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

is it finally out? bluray rips have been out for months now

7. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

OK maybe not the best movie ever, but I would rank it as the best action movie I have seen in a long long time. I guarantee that anyone who sees it will not be disappointed.

8. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

"bang" "it's just a flesh wound" lol

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

It released 1/20 IIRC.

10. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

I saw it last night as well and I highly recommend people go see it. The action was great and he just takes no prisoners.

11. Deke

Deke Active Member

I think it released in Europe a few months ago. For some reason we were just behind.

12. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

10 months ago outside the US

13. I always wondered why Liam Neeson didn't do more action oriented movies,This may be a good thing for him,Possibly he did not want to become typecast.(Seagel,van damme,stallone etc.).My favorite Liam movie was Darkman(I love sci-fi+horror movies).Cannot wait to see it.My wife just had her baby 6 weeks early so I am not sure how soon we will get out to see it.

14. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

I watched it last night and I agree...one of the best movies I've ever seen. Scary thing is, the plot is actually feasible (well, minus him being invincible). Kind of makes you open your eyes up to things you never thought about before...

15. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Wow... I thought the previews looked good. Now with these glowing reviews, I might have to take out a 2nd mortgage and go see it at the theaters....

16. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

mortages must be cheap these days lol

17. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Definitely worth it IMO :rofl:

18. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

despite his barely passable American midwest accent, Liam makes a really cool figure in an action movie.

the action is very satisfying. There is a minimal bit of intrigue, but make no mistake that this is a vendetta movie, and it doesn't get weighted down with dumb details.

It also feels short because of how well it moves.

I didn't like the ending, i wanted a good 'hook' to justify more movies of this style, or even a nice cliffhanger. The WAFFy ending was such a letdown considering the tone of everythign else.

19. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I just watched this movie on DVD tonight. I had to go upstairs and hug my daughter after watching it. I would hope the lord would give me those powers if someone took my daughter. It is a great movie and now that it is out on DVD, no excuse not to watch it!

20. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Finally saw the film... It was good to watch a movie that actually lives up to the hype! Excellent action thats pretty much non-stop... I agree with the duck, the ending was kinda weaksauce, didn't flow with the rest of the film.. Doesn't really hurt the films awesome rating. I agree you can't think TOO hard because Liam does have a Rambo/Commando like ability to kill everyone and get away unharmed... I give it 4 out of 4 turbos!