Talladega Nights

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by blink, Jun 27, 2006.

1. blink

blink Member

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0415306/

Another Will Ferrell movie which looks to be the same as Anchorman, which wasnt that good imo. It does have Ali G as his best friend, but Ferrell's movies seem to really be lame, when hes the man character, remember elf? But anyway its about nascar, which needs to be made fun of, but like I said, if the trailer seems to be a typical Ferrell movie, then thats a shame.

2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

that looks pretty funny....

3. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

personally, i like almost every movie Ferrell has done. i think he's extremely funny, and i can't wait to see this.

and yes nascar needs to be made fun of!!!

4. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

walker...
    texas ranger

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yeah, I can't wait for this one. You just have to go into it expecting totally ridiculous. I expect it to be very much like anchorman: it'll probably be the most quoted movie for the next couple of year. I heard an interview with him that was pretty funny. He said that this movie is probably more true to nascar than Days of Thunder.

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

420, your mission if you choose to accept it is to solidly acquire a copy of this movie for our viewing pleasure.

7. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I will except, will this message self destruct in 5...4...3...2...1. Oh, ok, this one is not self destructing.

8. heathbar

heathbar Member

Are you serious? What do you consider good comedy?

To each his own, but I think Will Ferrell is a genius! His movies, his SNL stuff, etc.! Anchorman is classic! As for Elf, while the movie as a whole wasn't that good, Ferrell carried that movie and was the only redeeming character. I'm going to see this movie on opening night, I can't wait!!! :wiggle:

9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I too did not care for Anchorman. All his other movies were pretty good though.

I also hate Adam Sandler.

10. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I like most of Ferrells and Sandlers movies most not all. and I saw the preview of nights and it looks pretty funny I was laughing at the preview...but I have been disappointed before. Cant wait for Clerks 2 though smootybootches!!

11. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

:rofl:
    ill probably catch this one when it hits dvd

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i dont like sandler... but ferrel is da bomb

13. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

They are making a Clerks 2. Thought Kevin Smith wanted to get away from the whole Jay and Silent Bob thing. Last interview I read with him, he said that he will not use them anymore, and he wanted to make the movie toward more serious films like Jersey Girl.

14. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

15. blink

blink Member

Now clerks 2 i cant fucking wait for.. what I'm saying about Ferrell, is he's hilarious when he's not the main writer/actor. Which basically states everything but a few of his movies are the funniest thing.

16. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Rosairo Dawson:drool::tasty: Yes I would eat that.

17. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I thought Anchorman started out great but the second half sucked. Sucked hard.

As for Sandler, haven't enjoyed much of his later stuff, but I have to say that Click was god damn excellent. Based on the commercials for it I planned to avoid it, but read a few reviews from people I trust and decided to go anyway. It was really damn great.

18. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I just see Adam Sandler as a One Dimensional Actor. He plays a great Adult Idiot or someone Mentally Challenged, and that is about it. Everything else, he is just so-so.

19. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I too am a Will Ferrel fan. Loved Anchorman. Adam Sandler is more hit and miss for me. I liked Happy Gilmore, and Anger Management, some of his other stuff, not so much...

20. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

anchorman is one of the funniest movies in a LONG time. this movie looks great.

21. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

even ladybugs with mike dicka was funny. cant wait for this movie to come out.

22. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Do enough people want to watch the movie that we can g2g?

23. Does anyone want to see it after the G2G tommrow or watch it Sunday?

24. RADON

RADON Member

I need more cowbell.

25. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i tried to catch a sneak peak last night, but work held me late. Anyone seen it yet? its gotta be amazing.

26. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

i saw it last night, havent laughed so hard in my life. Not really as focused as Anchorman and a couple gags fall flat, but more than makes up for it in sheer wit and raucous dirty humor. Highly recommended for a summer flick.

by the way, the character susan, so smokin in one scene. Also Bill Lumberg(gary cole) from office space, harvey birdman is amazing. They put together a good cast.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  27. heathbar

heathbar Member

I would.

28. Wait after the hunt or Sunday..?

29. heathbar

heathbar Member

either way.

30. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

hrm, super busy sat till like 7:30ish but if ya'll go see it i'd join ya after that or sunday

31. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I'd be good to watch it after teh hunt....

32. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I have to agree the movie surprised me I laughed so hard I actually had a tear in my eye. dam good movie waay better than even the 40 year old virgin.

33. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Sorry can't make it after the hunt but I can make it sunday if anyone still wants to go -_-

34. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Gary Cole is Harvy Birdman? Cool trivia.

It's amazing how many actors do voice-over work.

It sounds like that movie's on my to-see list. I really liked anchorman.

35. Uh anyone want to go to Regal at Medlock crossing..?

36. E-Mol

E-Mol Member

I saw it at Buckhead Backlot at 1030pm with beer. It was great.

37. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

It was pretty stupid, but funny nevertheless.

38. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Hehehe, If it's "stupid" as in "A 1.5 hour mind vacation" then I'll check it out.

39. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

it was pretty funnny not much of a story

40. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

gonna go see it tomorrow, i know its gonna be amazing

41. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

Just saw it and i loved it. Much better than the previews IMO. I liked the first part of the credits too :)