taxes!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by knhtrdr, Feb 23, 2006.

1. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Although I hate gettin them done but, I got my Taxes done today!!:eek3::wiggle: will there be mods??? hmmm... it's a secret:keke:

Oh yeah if ya dont know about the Fair Tax get the book!! or you could borrow mine it would elimante this whole godforsaken tax code thats out now. all the money you earn is yours. to the average person thats $100 to 300 dollars extra on your check!! you only pay taxes on what you buy.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2006
  2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I owe taxes as usual, but at least I didn't hand Uncle Sam an interest free loan...

And yeah, Fair Tax shows great promise. Good luck ever getting that passed though.

3. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

im pissed about my taxes for some reason since ia m a single dependant and what not they decide to rape me and take almost all of my taxes. For Example, out of 1000 federal dollars i receive only 350.00 and as a student and part time and employee i expected more. O well

4. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I am going to H&R block! (dependent, single, full time college student, and no job at the moment (though I did hold 2 in the past year...)

5. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I go to h&r block too I have to itemize cause my partime don't take out enough taxes.

6. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

should be a nice return I hope.

7. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

H&R block? Read this:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11528461/

--

CHICAGO - H&R Block, which provides tax advice to millions of Americans, made an embarrassing confession on Thursday. It goofed on its own taxes.

The company, which is in the middle of its make-or-break season preparing other people’s tax returns, said it had underestimated its own “state effective income tax rate” in previous quarters -- meaning it owes another $32 million in back taxes.

8. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

yeah plans for something resembling the fair tax have been around for... well about as long as presidents have been talking about alternative energy sources. don't get me wrong, i'm all for it... i have stupid money coming out of my check. of course the big laugh is social security. last i checked, congress doesn't have to pay SS, they get a nice 80k/yr pension with no paycheck deductions. sweet, i love paying for other people's luxury. i wonder if i could convince a bunch of them to go on a quail hunting trip.

9. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

if you get money back, you just paid them too much! they reap the benifits of return on investment.
    if you pay every year, at least you had the opptunity to invest it and pay Uncle Sam with the return. best thing to do is open a RothIRA and then a traditional IRA and pay as much as you can. the whole $3000 would be perfect. then you can write off $6000 a year! or close to...

10. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

lol too late I already paid Ga. back taxes already.. so can I get that back:rofl::rofl::rofl:

11. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I have a traditional I just have to put more money in it.

12. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Unfortunately IRA deductions only go so far, once you start making more money Uncle Sam apparently doesn't want to encourage you to save. :(

13. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea i agree that our entire tax system has some bad loopholes especially for illegal immigrants that are not forced to pay.

14. BlueRex

BlueRex Member

I got screwed this year. I had to change my W4 so they hold an extra $50 a month so i dont owe next year. Single, 2 jobs, claim 0. I got a refund last year and was working both but not for the whole year.

15. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

16. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I have to write a check for 13k to Uncle Sam this year. At least I know he will put it to good use.

[/End Sarcasm]