Tein FLEX

Discussion in 'Latest Spin Forum Archive' started by miloman, Jun 8, 2004.

1. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

finally gonna get FLEX on my car... can't wait till this weekend :)

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Awesome, I cant wait to see/ride....are you getting the electronic control as well?

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

the EDFC would be awesome, but i dont think im gonna get it installed immediately...

first of all, i dont think i really need to adjust the damping while im on the move. the only time i will adjust it is when i autocross, which i could easily adjust manually. although i have heard that the rear struts are hard to get to, i need to see if the difficulty is worth the extra $$$

i also need to find out what autocross class i fall in if i get the EDFC installed.

anyways, im getting them installed at knowledge performance on friday at 10am. hopefully we could plan a meet sometime this weekend.

PS: are the decals ready yet? how much do i owe you?

4. Alex

I believe you'll be placed in the street ready class for AutoX, which will probally be equivalent of throwing you to the wolves :(

As for the decals, I never got the final quote so I've yet to see the order go through (this guy I was using had great recomendations, but been a bit behind the ball for me). Until I have the quote, I cant have a price, it shouldnt be anymore than say $5.

Faysal has one on his car which I'd say, you'll see it soon but he's leaving the country. I, however, will be getting my car back from Subaru tomorrow (about time!), and may apply the slightly darker color (petwer vs silver).

More to come on the decals.

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

u wanna try to plan a meet sometime this weekend? anytime / anyplace on sunday would probably work best for me.

6. Alex

We could do that.

7. Loud1

Loud1 New Member

What's up Milo? So what do think about that Tein suspension?

8. Alex

He seems to be liking it very much. Loud, PM if you're interested in setting up a vendor account so you can sell through the vendor portion of the forums when applicable.

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im lovin the new suspension... u guys did an awesome job setting it up... i met joel at the last autocross and he suggested settings for the dampers... i set it the way he told me to and i cut a second off my time !!!!!!!!!

i could feel my tires give out though... i spoke to joel about categorizing my car... he says that since i have a UTEC, i'll be in street mod (which means im gonna have my ass handed to me in a plate)... at least that opens up more options for tires :)

10. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Dont forget the Subaru Challege coming! We can enjoy SM together! :D err... That sounded wrong.

11. Alex

:rofl: so long as there is no & in there...

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

u'll be in sm too jason?

13. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Yup, This is pending the shock will hold through the event :eek: