Tesla's New Battle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Matt, Sep 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

The Georgia Automobile Dealer's Association is currently attempting to follow other states such as New Jersey, Maryland, Texas, and Arizona in banning direct sales of Tesla cars in the state.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/09/02/news/companies/tesla-georgia/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Personally, I think this is ridiculous and redundant. Dealerships/manufacturers have old/antiquated policies and sales "tactics". It's good that the manufacturer can sell direct to the consumer. I agree that someone who works for Tesla will have more knowledge than some random sales person who doesn't care much about the cars they sell.

That's not to say all sales reps are like that, but the majority of them are. A lot of the time, the consumer is more informed than the sales rep. It's not just cars...it's retail in general. With the amount of information readily available on the internet, dealers/retailers should do more to train their reps.

[​IMG]

2. orndog

orndog Member

If they could put Tesla out of business, the very next month's headlines would read 'Big Three asks FTC to allow direct sales of electric vehicles to better inform customers or risks/ rewards'.

3. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

I`m surprised that GA is the 2nd state with the most amount of Teslas! only if they made sound...

4. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

I really don't get the sound. It's nice to have something quiet.

5. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

when i got to drive one out in california, i initially thought i would miss the sound. I was completely wrong on that, didn't miss it one bit. Also, for their weight, because of all that instant torque they can really take off.

Just they have some hardware/software that I think needs more work, but that's part of the thing, I feel a tesla owner is essentially a beta tester, granted with surprisingly good support.

6. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Probably because of the tax credit.

7. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

I would miss the sound for sure. I love making things louder. The only thing I really don't like is the screen. Yes...it has a wow factor to it but without buttons or dials...you have to take your eyes off the road to do everything in the car. I am not a fan of that.

8. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

I'm not surprised. There is a lot of money in Atlanta and people that commute to work that spend a lot of money on gas a year. That is the perfect environment for the Tesla. Target those that commute a lot and can pay for it. Atlanta is one of the top auto commuter cities in the country.

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

[youtube]Q-XFarMF6gU[/youtube]

10. orndog

orndog Member

So what does it put down?