Test and Tune Friday night 4/1

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Mike@TTR, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

We are going to be heading down Friday and wanted to see what kind of a group we could get to go. I went last weekend to support a friend with a turbo M3 and it was a good time, but about the only imports there were Hondas. I figured it would be nice to get some more Subarus down there this week! It is held at the drag strip in Commerce.

2. techlord

techlord Active Member

Breel, integroid and I are planning to go last I checked. And will actually go IF my car is ready.

3. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Yeah Integroid and I talked about it last night. We have to try to get his 30 psi+ tune ready between now and then.

4. techlord

techlord Active Member

May I suggest on the way to the track

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

eddie are you going to launch in 2nd? I know our one good run in the coupe just smoked the tires almost completely through first. We had too much tire pressure but still.

6. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I will have to wait and see. I am going to do 2-4 just launches to start with before doing a full 1/4 mile pass. Gotta dial in the launch. I really need to learn how to setup the gear based boost controller on the AVC-R:)

7. techlord

techlord Active Member

oh, you got all that fancy shit. lol

8. techlord

techlord Active Member

and have all of that out of the way when you get there as it gets crowded quick

9. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

It wasn't too bad till about 9 last week. By that time it was really crowded. With rain all week I am hoping it will be kinda dead again like it was last week.

10. John

John Active Member

Ill try and show. Blue 95 turbo Legacy on 18s is me if you see it there

Sent from my Android powered HTC HD2

11. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

My guess is we will be in either the legacy (blue) or the mustang, a tan tahoe, a white lgt wagon and maybe a couple more cars.

12. integroid

I hear there will be plenty of cameras at the track this weekend:)

13. techlord

techlord Active Member

Great while I probably won't have the fastest subaru there it will be the best looking

14. onemoresti

onemoresti Member

I'm going. I gotta see the beast in action:) What time ya'll heading up Mike?

15. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I want to come out, sadly i never came out to any of this exciting crap. Never actually ran a 1/4.

16. John

John Active Member

Thats ok. Last time I was there I was the slowest Subaru there (17.x seconds on a stock 97 Legacy). I might not be the slowest one this time though woohoo!

17. techlord

techlord Active Member

If I can find all teh gears I wont be the slowest. I will be happy with anything sub 13sec

18. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Ill be there in the Honda! lol....as long as my appts dont run too late.

19. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

It depends on what time Integroid gets to the house and the wife gets off work. But if there are enough people that want to caravan out there, we can arrange a time and place to meet up.

20. integroid

I can be there by 5:00

21. techlord

techlord Active Member

we will be in the area by noon.

22. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I should be there too.

23. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

I don't think racing starts till 6:30 pm. Tech opened at 6:00 pm last week.

24. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Whats the tech ins like at commerce again, they require jeans, closed shoes, helmet, long sleeve shirt?

25. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Pretty much. Unless you are in a convertible or going faster than a certain time.

26. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

By the way, if anyone wants a run on video, my wife will be filming on our video camera :)

27. John

John Active Member

Meet spot / time yet? I'm up for a caravan

13.99 and quicker requires a helmet
    10.99 and quicker requires a roll cage
    pants only (no shorts)
    closed shoes (no sandels)
    windows rolled up

I don't remember if I had to wear a long sleeve shirt lasttime I was up there. You might want to have one just incase.

I want video of me. I'll be there

28. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Let's go for the Pilot station at I85 and highway 53 at 5:45 pm

29. John

John Active Member

Sounds good. Can you give me some kind of address so I can GPS? I'm not sure where thats at. I might have another Subaru with me. And I'm pretty sure another guy will be coming with either his Benz or S4

30. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

It is right off I85 at exit 129. It is visible from the exit.

31. John

John Active Member

I'll be there. Thats on my way up to the track. Thats North of 285 right?

32. techlord

techlord Active Member

lol WAY North

33. John

John Active Member

I'm talking about North of the North part of 285...Like North of Jimmy Carter BLVD

edit :

Found it in Braselton. I might not make it that far North by 545. I'll know by tomorrow if I'll be able to make it up that fast.

34. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

That's cool man. There is no telling what traffic might be like.

35. techlord

techlord Active Member

I live in marietta and have left at 2:45 and barely got there when gates open. Spaghetti J is a F'ing nightmare starting about 2:30

36. John

John Active Member

Ive only been up there once. When I went, I left at about 5 or 530 and got there at 830

37. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

I would bypass 285 completely. It really gets ugly.

38. John

John Active Member

I have no idea what time I'll be up there. You all know what my car looks like so keep an eye out for me and say hi when I do show up.

I have to reassemble an Audi 1.8T engine tomorrow. Oh joy. I love German cars /sarcasm

This is me. Minus all the stickers.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  39. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

I'm still debating on going. I get off at 7 and work out at Alpharetta off Haynes. Probably won't run but watch. I might change my mind tomorrow, depending on if it's a good day or not.

40. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

I MIGHT make it up, depending on when I leave work and how the weather is. I'm not driving from Peachtree City to find out it's been cancelled or sitting in rain all night.

41. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I will not be available unfortunately. Please, please, please grab some photos!

42. integroid

How about some video instead? I have a clever place for my Subaru Tennis Ball while filming in-car:)

43. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

We will get some pictures as well as high def video. But my photography (and camera) is not as good as many on here, lol.

It looks like it is going to be nice weather tonight! Everything should be a go for tonight.

44. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Make sure you get a few pics of the grey STI out there!

45. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

I will do my best to get pics of everyone out there with us and video when requested. Video will be kind of limited unless I can grab a decent SD card somewhere today.

46. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

Take videos, for once my car is down. Everyone goes...lol.

47. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Yeah my car is not ready either, but it is still fun to go watch everyone run!

48. John

John Active Member

Lastnight was a fun and destructive night lol.

I had minor problems myself. Techlord oiled down the track...

Figure out what happened yet tech?

Sent from my Android powered HTC HD2

49. techlord

techlord Active Member

Nah, I will dig into it later. Ran a 12.8 best with a shitty 60ft so there's room for improvement.

50. integroid

I broke the rear diff and snapped a rear axle on the 3rd pass. Center diff is fine:)