test thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nicad, Dec 15, 2009.

1. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

Checking my browser version. :eek:

2. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

Hrmmmm

Weird no mobile version listed

3. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

post whore

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

post's don't count in OT. he's doing okay. :p
    that only shows up in the wap version. and is only available to subscribing members.

5. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Test thread!?

I didn't study. Am I dreaming?

Oh God, I'm naked!

6. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House)

and then you can edit it..

7. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

i just load the full version

8. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

me too. Get an iphone.

9. Matt

:rofl:

10. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I'm tired of gargling AT&T's cum.

11. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

most of my family works for AT&T, its good to have 50 % off service.

12. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Plus.. you live in amrika.. you're going to be taking it up the ass from someone

13. Jake

Jake Active Member

he prefers to swallow^^^

14. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I'll take my $45/month tmobile 3g plan. 500 minutes, unlimited texts and data. less than half of what I would pay. plus I have the baddest phone, and work is paying for my plan.

and I'm sure tmobile won't be trying to find creative ways to prevent me from using their unlimited data plan either, like those goddamn no talent fuckstick clown shoes executives at ATT.

http://www.fakesteve.net/2009/12/a-not-so-brief-chat-with-randall-stephenson-of-att.html

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'll stick with my $25 a month unlimited EVERYTHING from AT&T.

You still liking that phone nicad?

16. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

How did you get that..

17. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Perks of working for the phone company.

18. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

yeah it's a pretty sweet phone. processor makes it really nice

19. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Looks like things might just be changing. Again...T-Moblile does not have data caps and has a 21mbps network here in Atlanta and other cities. Yes, I know we also have the fewest users. The tower argument is dead, Jake. Who gives a fuck if you have an iPhone...sure it's the 6lb 10oz baby jesus and a bag of chips phone that changed the handset as we know it, but if can't use the "nations fastest 3G network" half the time? Hey, you can come over and sit by me...I can turn my phone into WiFi hotspot and share the DATA connection with 3 users. T-Mobile is showing they are ready to handle a phone that doesn't need a calling plan, using Google Voice and runs strictly off of data.

Let's just see how AT&T handles the attemt to cripple their network on friday.

http://www.fakesteve.net/2009/12/operation-chokehold.html

/thread

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  20. 07Ltd#767

that's just awesome...I almost wish I had an iphone so I could participate.

Justin's doing it right...that new droid is f-ing sweet, I don't care what shring says (who uses MMS, anyway?). I got to play around with it yesterday and Monday and it should truly crush the iphone. Honestly, other than the two finger thing to zoom in and out (which droid was sued over by apple), I couldn't find a single thing better on the iphone.

21. Jake

Jake Active Member

i know the iPhone isn't the greatest phone out there, never said that. in fact i liked my curve better. but honestly, my iphone doesn't brick when i update it so....

as far as the network goes, yeah i know verizons is better, but where i'm currently living and in my current situation there are NO verizon towers. so tell me how that makes sense. anyways, that operation chokehold wont work, lol. wanna know why?

iPhone battery life SUCKS. i gaurantee you half of the people who ACTUALLY try that on friday will have their phones die halfway thru (if not sooner). date intensive apps drain the life force out of the battery. I use my phone for talk, text and internet. don't have a bunch of non-sense data intensive apps.

so i'm not arguing the fact my phone isn't the best (granted its better than a lot), or that my network is the best (i agree it needs TONS of improvement), but for ME right NOW, its fine.

22. Matt

kiss my ass, I still have it. :)

23. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

For one the more responsive touch controls ( thanks to the gpu optimized physics engine) lets not forget 3d games that actually look decent.. that and Mobile safari is pretty awesome compared to the default browser on Andriod.

It comes down to polish. People using the Andriods are more technical and care more about freedom( its a less polished experience just like linux is). People using an iphone ( other than the ones that jailbreak....like me) are happy with the AMAZINGLY smooth experience apple has provided. ( try to flick up on the contacts and see the difference).

24. Jake

Jake Active Member

im holding on to my iPhone (and therfore network) till someone comes out with a GPS phone that is as fast as a GPS (i.e. runs off satellites and not towers). then i'll switch. i mean i know the droid's GPS is faster than the iPhone's, but i was still kind of embarrassed for them when they showed it on the commercial. by the time that thing catches up you will have missed your turn. right now i just use google maps for directions and never use the GPS feature.

25. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

26. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Iphone 3g and 3gs run off satellites ... they use cellphone tower assisted positioning to get a faster lock( They lock faster than MOST standalone GPS systems because of this). Have you tried TomTom or Navigon or CoPoilet for the iphone? They are just as good as their standalone versions.

27. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

28. 07Ltd#767

don't confuse the older droid versions with the new one Justin has. Being he's a google geek, he gets the shit (as a christmas present from google no less) that us mere mortals won't have access to for another couple months.

29. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Nexus one i am assuming. ( PS the guy that i used to work under is now at google).

30. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

also, the rom for Nexus One has already been ported to the g1.

31. Matt

actually, all the articles I read came back and reported that as being a hoax. So far, it's only been reported to have been ported to the Droid.

32. Matt

Droid is a Verizon (Lucasarts) term. Otherwise it's just known as Android. :)

33. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

problem with the G1 is the hardware is asstasticly slow.

for me, it's the usability. to get my iphone where I wanted it in terms of how *I* wanted to use it, I had to jailbreak it. this caused it to run like utter crap, and just start getting on my nerves. picking up the nexus made me not hate my phone anymore. it syncs with my multiple google accounts, has push everything, facebook and twitter widgets that always run and update, etc etc.

and itunes is a fucking turd.

google is kind of mucking up the name branding with android. it's an open operating system anyone can use, therefore manufacturers use it and rebrand it. hence the droid by motorola. the phone I have runs a 'google experience'. everything is controlled by them exactly how they want it, not a third party (htc, motorola, samsung, etc)

34. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

he also forgot...Snapdragon!

35. Matt

my droid is considered a google experience device.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/30/motorola-droid-review/

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  36. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Yeah they are not allowed to skin it or change the core look and feel. ..
    You should have gotten a 3gs Justin.. i background with no problem.. the a8 really helps.

37. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I'm about to puke.

38. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Next time.. use a condom and you wont have a program with getting pregnant.

39. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i use a cheap ass free blackberry that can suck off a donkey to talk with. i use my iTouch to live with. i play Civ and SimCity and Risk, listen to music, level shelves over the toilet, AND it makes fart sound. top that!

40. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

You can do all those with an Android device.

41. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

How the hell can I get out of my AT&T contract with out paying? Probably impossible but can't hurt to ask!
    I re-signed with AT&T in August like a goof and got a crappy Blackberry Curve (older one, 4 free), with the most pathetic processor I have ever experienced i.e the only way to empty the cache is to take out the battery while the phone is on. The Internet sucked on it so I asked if I could use it as a regular phone and AT&T stated all PDA's must now have Internet. My phone bill was averaging $90-$100 a month for crappy e-mail 800 min's and 200 text. So I disconnected the Blackberry and went back to my 2nd gen Nokia flip phone which I might add has a better processor than the Blackberry. I have gotten my phone bills down to about $70 a month after taxes and that is for no internet, 1250 min's, 200 text, free weekends and roll over. It still seems high to me especially with no Internet or pda.
    The Blackberry is now unlocked and I still intend to use it without Internet if I can find a new provider that offers this amongst other things. My goal is $50 a month w/o internet.

42. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

really? they have over 10,000 name brand games/apss? and a 32GB drive? motion sensors? and a way to sync all my computer's contacts and move files to my online storage? interesting...

43. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

20,000 to be exact( as of yesterday) . 32gb with a SD card, yes. Motion sensors? Yes. and sync contacts.. really? thats one of the main selling points of Andriod... Move files to onlin storage? ( a MILLION options to do this. )

44. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

good for you.

45. 07Ltd#767

I'm not sure why you're getting the shaft, but for my personal phone I use a blackberry (on AT&T) and don't have the data plan, only minutes and text messaging. I have the exact same blackberry for work but it's on the verizon network. I just use my work phone for internet and what not and personal phone for text messaging. Sucks carrying two phones, but I have unlimited minutes, unlimited data (per say), unlimited text and all the other shit for $30 / month (granted, don't pay for the work phone).

46. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Try a discount code?

47. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Ps i have a spread sheet with 1800 discount codes for ATT let me know if you want it..

48. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

49. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Yessir

Oh tried the link and got the "403-forbidden" code

50. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I am not impressed with Snapdragon. It is not living up to all the hype.