Texas Tech coach fired.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Matt, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

2. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

They left out the $400,000 a year he will get for the remainder of his contract. But he lost that $800,000 bonus by three days, OUCH!

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

While I don't agree with the coaches methods... I don't think this is that big of a deal, and is only made so because of who the kids dad was. Smack him on the hand and call it a day... Another example of America being so 'sensitive', its gonna run us into the ground....

4. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Yeah... sounds like the kid is a huge douche. Your are playing football in Texas - Nut Up or Shut Up.

5. jeb

jeb Member

Yeah, plus they were super dick the way the fired him. Handed it to his lawyer as they were walking into the court room is what they said earlier

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah that sucks. im sure his methods were 'classical' in nature (in your face, cussing, etc). america is far too conservative. you can thank all your bible-thumping republicans (not all republicans, just the extreme right-wing ones ;) )

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^^I would think this stems from the far left personally... pandering to the bottom 5%. Everyone is equal, everyone must be happy, offend no one...

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

then you sir are SADLY mistaken. because this has been going on for waaaaaayyyy longer than the last year.

America is THE MOST conservative 'free' country in the world. ask anyone from any other 'free' country.

(i say 'free', because like you pointed out that is slowly becoming an un-truth thanks to the liberals)

doesn't matter what side you lean towards, you're leaning the wrong way

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ I'm not blaming Obama(the reason I specified FAR left)... Agreed this started a long time ago. Examples being abolishing Christmas, taking "In God We Trust" off of money, taking the 10 commandments out of the courts, the whole Gitmo thing (poor, poor terrorists..)... agreed the conservative right played their part as well...

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

i think we both smell what each other is stepping in

;)

anywho, leech will be ok. he gets $400k x 5 (remainder of the contract extension he just signed) plus i am sure he will get another job coaching somewhere else where he'll make more money(washington wanted him last year before he signed his extension).

11. Deke

Deke Active Member

Some other team is going to seriously luck out by picking him up. The guy's a badass.

Personally I think there are still some details we haven't heard. I mean from what I understand the kid isn't a starter. It's college football. If Mike Leach wanted to punish the kid why not just cut him from the team?