Thank you Cobb County PD

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mmtasty, Jul 8, 2006.

1. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Yesterday I was driving to dinner and spotted a cop a mile away. No biggie, I was going 43 in a 40. As I pass him he flips his lights on and pulls me over. I had no idea why at this point. He comes up to my window and says I was going 55 in a 35! I couldn't believe it. He hands me a ticket and wont even talk about it. I call him a penis and tell him I'll see him in court. I'm so F'in pissed right now. I don't have a problem with cops, but when they pull this crap it's hard not to change my view. I've never had a speeding ticket, and this is just total bull. :fawk:

2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I just got a ticket for 73 in a 55(construction zone... ouch) on GA400 on the 4th. I knew they were out in force and saw the speed trap, I slowed down in time and passed it... thought I was cool and resumed speed. Then bam! Trap number 2 right after it. I was so pissed! Anyone who travels 400 knows that if you drive anything under 70 you get run over, especially on a holiday with light traffic. Nice little fundraiser for GA police. Then while I was at the pool at my complex, the dj informed the crowd that there were road blocks on Roswell on both sides of my complex(thank god I was docked by that point).

3. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

arm yourself with much much information.

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

400, from 285 to the outlets malls, was ****PACKED**** on the 4th with cops and people pulled over. Luckily I was on the bike, which is happiest around 45-65 mph.

If it's down to "cop said I did, I say I didn't" get your speedo calibration certified. I saw a judge use the "his gun is calibrated, your speedo isn't" line before.

5. suby113

suby113 Member

what do you mean by speedo? i guess I don't understand.

6. Brian

Brian Active Member

The cops radar gun is calibrated and certified. Your speedometer (mph) is not. So the judge can say he believes the radar gun more than the factories speedometer.

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i am sorry if u really got treated unjustly... however please do not disrespect police officers in general because you got mistreated my one... a friend of mine and a member of this board is a police officer... he has been nothing but helpful, providing needed information to people who have had a situation with the law

a police officer's job is dangerous, unpredictable and difficult... i myself have been mistreated by the law in the past... usually an officer will speak harshly... but i put myself in his shoes and think of the kind of scum he has to deal with everyday... i think i would be harsh too if i were him...

sorry u got in trouble... i myself got a rough ticket this past weekend (31 over... but thats off topic here)... hope you can find a good lawyer and fight it if u wish to

8. Brian

Brian Active Member

Oooooo, Milo's in trouble...... Milo's gonna be coughing up mucho $$$$, Oooooo. :p

He did say "I don't have a problem with cops". I have cops in my family, but I can still say some cops are ass-hats. 8) They come in all shapes and sizes just like normal folks.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yes... thats a good thing... and i hope that doesnt change

10. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

On any holiday weekend about from that thursday to monday depending where tha day falls they will be out in force i've gotten into a habit of turning on the cruise control more often around those times. oh yeah I saw the that speed trap on 400 too slick you pass the one guy he dosent move ya get confortable and the other one pullin out the woods in a expedition black on grey ...slick, took a page from doraville on that one.

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Well at least it isnt Doraville. I came up over a hill and was like why is that mustang just sitting in the gorge.

Aw shit.

12. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Ha I met one of them the same way there are two of them! the first time I saw one was commin up on the side of me fast and I was like stupid mustang Ill show him and just as I was about to lay my foot in the gas I look over and the lights ar flashin I freaked for a min but he was going after someone else.

13. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I have a few friends that are cops. Great guys. But they don't issue tickets like this. If I were going 20 over, I'd have no room to talk (and I wouldn't).

It just bothers me to have someone accuse me of doing something I didn't do. I'm with you on my speedo being off. If the conflict was "I saw 53 and he said 55" I'd chalk that up to experience. But my speedo isn't off 12 MPH.

Actually, this isn't even on my mind anymore. Please see my new thread...

14. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

was this on busbee after dark?

15. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

It was on Shilo around 7. Why? did you spot a WRX getting busted?

Oh, by the way, my license plate is as follows:

URAPNS

That probably didn't help my cause... haha... :keke:

16. jt money

yep i live between shilo and chastain and i saw them pulling a rex and anther car crusing too fast for the 35 they have on busbee. thats a bad speed trap in that area so most should know to slow it down comming through there but they dont. cobbs finest gets them everytime. even got me 1 1/2 years ago for over $200 in fines now i poke doin 35 in the fast lane. people get all mad but what you gonna do? im not getting pulled again cause someone is tailgating me tring to get me to go faster. well to sum it up your right the cops in this area can be quite crude. and yes your plate probably didnt the help situation either.

17. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I went to KSU and live off Bells Ferry. I know all about the speed traps they have around there. That's why I don't speed on those streets.

My point is that cop's dragging the reputation of all police officers through the mud... If I didn't know a few officers I liked, I'd assume they're all like that. 55 miles an hour... what an asshole.

18. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

exactly... some people get a power trip and dont know how much they are damaging their own reputation

19. jt money

i wasnt tring to imply the speed trap thing towards you. ;) just tring to point out to others that dont live in our area how bad the cops are about speeding of any kind around here. most of it is cause of barrete pkwy. imo

i hope you get this worked out.

20. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I know what ya mean. I have lived in Kennesaw for over 6 years now off of Barrett Lakes Blvd, and have seen a ton of folks pulled over. It does get crazy in parts of Busbee like JT said...I hope things work out for you...

Mark