Thanks kingwrex and Subaru of Kennesaw

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by baddriver, Aug 29, 2009.

1. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Well went in to get my new rotors and pads installed on the STi and I'm glad I have a friendly dealership close by who I trust for both parts and service.

Now I'm rolling on fresh tires, pads and rotors.

Thanks to Steven King, Lydia, and the other fine folks at Subaru of Kennesaw for being professional and courteous, and taking the time to listen to a few requests that I had regarding the work that was done.

2. FACE

FACE Active Member

King FTMFW! He always takes Fabulous care! And Sok is a great dealership from my experience!

What kind of pads and rotors did you put on?

3. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Hey Face,

I went with DBA 4000 slotted one-piece front and rear rotors and Hawk HPS pads.

I had Hawk HP+ pads before.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Why the drop to HPS?

5. FACE

FACE Active Member

Yeah I hp+ on the 06 and now have the hps up front on the 08....I do miss the hp+

6. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I read that the HPS's were more rotor friendly and the squealing with the HP+ was kind of annoying.

I figured that pad changes aren't really that hard and I can switch them easily when I want to.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  7. Alex

Agreed, HP+ are noisy. However, I do not like the HPS at all. I have begun reading/looking for another brand that performs similarly to the HP+ to just try something new.

HP+ dust like it is their job.

8. FACE

FACE Active Member

I will say that I don't really like the HPS but they are a decent step up from the stockers for the price.

9. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

I heard that slotted rotors eat up pads anyway.

10. SOK is pretty new, I wish they had more used subarus and not so many random used cars. I'd defiantly buy mine from there. It's a stones throw away, and it just makes so much sense to buy a STi now, the dealer is no more than 5 miles away. Did you happen to see that nismo 350 there?

11. Alex

Wirelessly posted

Well any dealer can obtain a vehicle from another. Just ask them to begin searching. If they want your business, they will work for it :)

12. We'll should i make a new thread for this then, i don't want to thread jack. I found 2 identical STi's as a place called cosmo motors in NC with a 4k mile diff in the 2. yeah, ill make a new thread with the links, yall tell me what you think. As much as I wish I could say built not bought with my next car. It makes more sense for me to get one with some mods already done.

13. Alex

Quite the opposite, the most coveted Subarus are the unmodified ones (these become harder and harder to find as time goes on). Start a new thread!

14. Made new thread, thanks alex. I found one too :) completly stock, and it's the closest to me out of all the ones i've found.

15. New92

New92 Member

+1 Steve, Steven, Lydia and the unamed guy who washed my car were all awesome! They've restored my faith in big dealers with their small shop attitude and service. Thanks guys!

16. Jake

Jake Active Member

if that unnamed guy who washed your car was a brotha, than that was Jonathan. lol