Thanks to allpro

Discussion in 'Allpro Subie Service & Performance' started by WRboXer, Jan 3, 2012.

1. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

The legacy has pretty much transformed in the matter of a few days. Every metric besides power has gone from poor to good/excellent. Its amazing what a set of old and worn bushings will do to a cars handleing and responsiveness.

What got installed.
    -ACT HD clutch and oem 06 wrx flywheel(went from a driving miss daisy engagement to a legitmate responsive clutch)
    -Gates t-belt kit, all new cam seals, water pump, tstat, tomei billet belt guide.
    -Whiteline anti lift kit and lca bushings replacing junk and torn oem bushings(thanks the look out allpro, i hadnt planned on these, but after a quick look-see allpro highly recommended getting them replaced).
    -Whiteline roll center kit(massive upgrade for any lowered mac strut car)
    -More aggressive alignment to -1.5 fr and -.5rr

Later in the week i installed
    -STI master cylinder and booster, flushed with ate super blue and Stoptech pads.(horrible oem master and booster on the lgt's, first 3" of brake pedal travel doesnt even affect the calipers lol) From the driver seat it now feels like i have an oem set of brembo's.
    Needless to say, the car feels completely different in every good way possible. I needed the car turned around quickly, and besides the car fighting having any wrench turned on it(its a northern car, F northern cars), they were able to turn it around in the time necessary for me to get on the road traveling.

In the next week, the car is getting a new set of PS2's that 4lbs per corner lighter then the crappy and super loud oem sti Dunlops that are on there now, and a set of whiteline steering rack bushings. Think ill also remove the trailer hitch, spare wheel and tire, and jack and take about a total of 100lbs off the car.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

What was the reasoning behind the problem with the brakes?

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

From what I heard, it comes from the factory like that. Just bad.

4. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

What matt said, they have bad parachute brake syndrome. No egagement for a good portion of the brake pedal initial travel, and then overally grabby when they do grab.