Thats a lot of water!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Demo24, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Geez today has to be the most water I've ever seen dumped around these parts. Decided to go home around 5:40 today, pulled up to an intersection to find it underwater :eek3: I'd say around 5inches or so of water was in there. Was actually kind of fun, except for all the passing cars throwing water on my car:eek:

These tires have pretty good grip levels in the rain. Was kind of surprised I never had a 'scary' moment, even under hard braking.

2. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Be careful when you drive through deep puddles. Because I blew a radiator fan fuse once when I went through a puddle that was deeper than I thought. It caused me to overheat a little further down the road.

3. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

I agree too much rain, it should clear up for this weekends event (s) at turner field though. p.s. AWD in foul weather RULES!

4. jayj713

jayj713 Member

even though i have AWD i hate driving in the rain. especially when its raining and its nighttime :( But yea, apparently our school sucks @ drainage so we have huge puddles everywhere. Like half the sidewalks are underwater.

5. Demo24

Demo24 Member

I wasn't going very fast, so I wasn't worried about that. Wouldn't have minded letting it loose in there though :)

oh and I love a waxed windshield! Makes the water just roll right up, if its not raining to hard I don't even need wipers :)

6. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

I had some unwanted drifto action on mnt vernon highway.No more rain!

7. Demo24

Demo24 Member

interesting, I actually tried to get some action going but the car just didn't want to bother. Did however manage to get the right side tires spinning on some leaves in a 2nd gear stint!

8. Greg

Greg Active Member

I never saw any rain... I had to work from 6am to 10pm... I'm one unhappy camper right now.

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

what? it rained non stop all day here

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

At least I'm not the only one :)

11. Demo24

Demo24 Member

lol, well while you were tolling away we got around 4-5 inches of rain :rofl: