The 'Burch' Tree

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by FACE, Dec 18, 2007.

1. FACE

FACE Active Member

Latest up date Post #17

So with having about 15 years of driving under my belt I have had the chance to drive some very fun cars and the chore of driving some not so fun cars to say the least.

In highschool I was given a 1987 Ford Taurs. This was the year when all the dark blue ones looked like they had skin cancer...the top coats where crap. After breaking a cv joint and the trans go bad, the car had to go!

So I got myself a 1985 Ferio(spelling?) GT. Now that was a quick little ride...but had the reputation of exploding. After spinning a bearing I decited not to by a car from the USA (sorry...But I do support our Troops!).

Then I got into a 1995 Integra. This was really my 'first' car. While sitting at Franklin road and 120 on a thursday evening at 5:34...POURING rain...I was hit by a sking ford exploder :coolugh: doing 60 plus and murdered my baby (thank god I was able to walk away)...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then for some strange reason I got a mazda 626..................................................WTF was I thinking....I have no Idea anyway

Then I wanted to get good gas milage and have a low cost car...1997 Honda Civic 1.6L single over head cam........sorry for the poor pic
    [​IMG]

In small talk at work about cars with this fellow I told him how I have always wanted a Subaru and then the day went on. Well about 5 hours later I get a call saying "Hey! Its Jim...your car is up here at my buddies dealership." I was think how the hell did my civic get there...Then it was as though my first Suby (Wendy) came to me...as he started to tell me about the WRX
    So when I got off work I went to Roswell Audi and there she was... 04 WRB WRX sitting there smiling when I pulled up...I signed the papers, took the civic home and cleaned her out (to trade her in)...and then picked up my new ride:D She only had 19k on her and was in Perfect condition...only moods were an AEM cold air intake, leather (Alex you would have liked the interior job!), and headlights.

[​IMG]

I never added anything to her but wax and the pink i... because I kept thinking... save money...for STi...

The about a year later I decided That I had to have an STi. I went to Classic and talked to Herman Jones telling him that I wanted a WRB STi with silver wheels and that I did not care about anything else. He said that they had one but it was still on the truck. I singed the papers and had to wait to pick her up! :ddirty:
    The next day I sweat untill about 3:30 when I FINALLY got a call from him that she was ready and waiting. When I pulled up it was like the first time...well you know and she was smiling at me! I went throught the whole...dont change just one tire...dont turn if you have the dccd Locked...blinker here...wiper here...

Oh...and she had the titanium shift knob :cough: Alex :cough: Matt

[​IMG]

Current Mod List:

20% Tint minus rear window.....Installed myself thank you

Turbo XS DP and mid...installed myself thank you

Stormung cat back...Thank you Kingwerx :bowdown:

RE 01R's...Thank you :kiss: Ms. O'brien

Timex boost gauge...Installed myself thank you

strut towers...Installed myself thank you

Lower H brace...Installed myself thank you

Hella's...Installed myself thank you

Alpine head unit with Ipod brain, Boston Achoustic Mids and Highs, JL 10'' Sub,
    Alpine amps...Installed myself thank you

My plans for furture mods are Sways and end links, AP, SS tune, Short shifter, a 10th Street JDM head lamp job, and the list just goes on.

Anyways just wanted to start a journal up because after a year I thought it was about time.

:wavey:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  2. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

second post!

Ok, seriously, you need to put that picture of me, you and steve's car for the calender. If we don't win, I'm gonna kick alex in the nuts, the other alex.

3. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Easily one of the nicest guys I've ever met. I've only been to Classic once and that's who I spoke with.
    People can tell you I'm terrible with names, but this guy I remember.

Nice write-up, by the way :wavey:

4. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Good tree dude.

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Your tree has more branches than mine!!

:rofl:

6. FACE

FACE Active Member

This one?

[​IMG]

7. FACE

FACE Active Member

at the att store on the demo Iphone! Hahaha!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Sweet ride!!! Looks just like mine :) Loved the Moretti's on you wrx too. Are you running a turboback with no EM??? I've read thats not good...

9. FACE

FACE Active Member

now a bump from my Iphone!!! Awesome!!!

10. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Congrats on the phone!

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Nice journal, I especially enjoyed the subtle comments about myself :)

12. FACE

FACE Active Member

^^^ thought you would!

Yeah Im running the without em and she eu a great. I'm planning on getting an AP and an SS tune this coming year.

13. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Hey look its my car's twin!!
    For some reason I thought that you had a bugeye before?

14. FACE

FACE Active Member

No...I would not mind having a bugeye with the 2.5 swap and an 07 STi tranny!!!

15. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

oh man, not you too!!!!!

:(

16. FACE

FACE Active Member

Yeah I got sucked in with the web access!

17. FACE

FACE Active Member

So I Traded up to an 08 STi and I have driven it for about a month now, so I figured I should update the old tree... Also look for My dealership review soon to come...

I have to say that I have loved it from the first time I saw it and still do now. It seems at first not as powerful as the 06, but then you figure out that the power is just much smoother coming on. A few things I have enjoied...

SI-Drive... WOW!

Intel. mode is for hwy only IMO...not of enough to deal with side road traffic but will get you nice HwyMpg

Sport mode is nice around town but not full out. just enough boost to enjoy your trip.\

Sport Sharp mode...WOW!:bowdown: the power difference is amazing...on the hwy @ 70 in Intel. mode...set gas pedal up abit...reach over and switch to Sport Sharp mode...WOW! :naughty:

Ride Comfort...WOW again!

It is such a smoother less race car ride. bumps and rough road is hardly felt...with that being said...It seems to also have more body roll.

My first mode was installing my Hella's...good thing because there first Hwy trip they were use a couple of times. Then Got the tint done! Big thanks to TintFreak! >>>> www.tintfreak.com Lance did an awesome Job

Clicky for larger...
    [​IMG]

:naughty:
    [​IMG]