The Demo wagon

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Demo24, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Demo24

Demo24 Member

The Demo wagon - Now with more updates!

As it was mostly stock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As it sits now:

[​IMG]

:ddirty:

Mods so far:
    Prodrive knob(knobage FTW!)
    Prodrive axle back
    Kartboy SS with TIC bushings
    22mm Adj. Whiteline Sway bars - Front and Rear
    Prodrive Springs
    Jazzy board
    BBS rims + Dunlop z1 star spec's

Next on the list:
    Acessport or other engine management.
    few other minor suspension improvements
    H6 rear brake upgrade
    midpipe to complete catback

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Did you take off the roof rails? It looks really clean.

3. Demo24

Demo24 Member

actually I didn't have to, the guy before me did and I have no real need for them right now so I just left them off.

4. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

looking good man!

5. 7wolf

7wolf Member

hey demo, what size piping did you use? i was thinking of doing something like that to mine. let me know if you want to get the side rails for your wagon. i still have mine and will never use them.

6. Demo24

Demo24 Member

honestly I don't know. Just some left over dryer vent tubing we had sitting around, so I decided to stick it in my car. If you want I can go out and measure it later.

As for the rails, thanks but I actually still have mine :)

7. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Looky what arrived today! Just couldn't wait until the end of the month :naughty:

[​IMG]

and now the fun begins!

(now to fix the first post, damn host)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  8. Greg

Greg Active Member

Did your sways come all scratched up? Mine look like they went through a dry cycle...

9. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Nope, pretty clean actually. They packaged it weird though. They kind of cut the original box in half and then found a smaller one that fit inside it but over the bars. Oddly they didn't tape it, but somehow it managed to get here alright.

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yeah, mine was wrapped the same way... Gruppe-S?

11. Demo24

Demo24 Member

turninconcepts.com

free shipping and decent prices

12. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

Oh yeah! I remember when I got that exact same package. Enjoy.

13. beautiful wagon! Wagons are the bestest.

dryer tubing?!?! did I miss something?

14. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

The wagon looks great.....+1 for the roof rails gone!!!!. It really makes a difference.

Mark

15. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Looks great dude. You know you want your headlamps worked on ;)

16. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Thanks!

as for the dryer tube. Bascially I took my air intake silencer out and then I thought "hmm, lets connect the two remaining pieces". So I stuck some dryer tubing in there to act as a sort of cold air intake of sorts. However I realised that it was getting a little bit damp, and also I think it probably roughed up the air coming in due to the ridges. So I took it out, and now its back to stock. :wiggle:

17. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Updates!!

Well with the help of Ped :)bowdown:) I finally got some springs installed. Sadly all did not go to plan.

This is what I was planning on installing:
    [​IMG]

This is what I ended up getting installed:

[​IMG]

In first picture there those are STi adjustable struts. 4 adjustment settings which probably would have been pretty damn fun! Sadly it turned out that those are actually for an 05+ STI, not the 04 as believed when I bought them. :wtc: So sometime soon they will be for sale.

I'll get updated pics of the lowered car when it stops raining.

However the good news is that I picked up some items today that just might make up for the loss of struts

[​IMG]

What your looking at there are BBS RG-R's, 17x7, forged, and they weigh practically nothing! Thank you "FACE" for posting that Craigslist ad! Otherwise I would have settled for Rota SDR's. Can't wait to put some RE-01R's on those suckers and go around corners at infinite speeds :ddirty:

18. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Update!

Rims + Tires are finally installed! Been waiting a long time to ditch those stockers and it feels amazing!

pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All for now :cool: