The Flu Thread...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Genya, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Any one else ill like I am?

This is a pretty bad one this year...

Reminder get your shots! Dont be like me ---> :wtc: lol

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

i feel pretty good.. *knocks on wood*

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im from india... im immune to everything :D... i hope

4. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

You can track the flu....here!!!

5. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

didn't get the flu yet but been battling a sinus infection with bronchitis for like three weeks...sux...not communicable though so....

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

so genya caught the flu in the 'no activity' zone... if an epidemic breaks out, we will know who started it

7. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

save the flu shots for the old ppl... trust me. seeing all the older ppl come in asking for flu shots is sad cuz they start telling you why they are high risk and then u have to tell them you dont have anymore to give and then the look of worry on their faces... its sad. *sigh...

8. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

the military pretty much makes us get them.

9. married05gt

married05gt starting over

I was dog sick for three days a few weeks ago. Looks like finished for this year atleast

10. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

If we kill him now we might all be ok...

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

we might need to tranqualize him and take him to CDC so they could develop a cure
    *insert reference to 'outbreak'*

12. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Nah, we better off him and get rid of the body before terrorists steal it and try to clone the virus like in that Tom Clancy book...

13. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

ok... u kill him... i'll take his STi :D

14. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

NFW dude, I am still on stock turbo... :rolleyes:

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

hahaha... i wonder when he's gonna check this thread

16. Meredith

Meredith Banned

you mean the deadly Mutaba virus? ;)

17. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

hopefully i didnt get that shit today from you fucker. lol jk you sounded like a goose when you cough though. :keke:

18. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i thought that was ebola

19. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

hack, cough, sneeze,

I've had something or another for the last week or so. Started out as congestion, then dry scratchy throat, then back to congestion today. I'm going to load up on enough Niquil to knock a horse out and see if I wake up feeling better in the morning.

20. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

totally agree, if you're relatively young and healthy, it's a painful inconvenience. if you're old it could be a death sentence.

21. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

This is true in most cases, but keep in mind that Influenza (not to be mistaken with the common cold, which is what most people really have when they say they have "the flu.") kills roughly 36,000 people a year. Though, only a handful of that number are below 65. In the 1918 Pandemic, which was a completely new strain of flu for humans, the primary affected population was much younger than the typical flu strain.

There is not a projected shortage of vaccine for this year, so once the supply is ramped up, you might want to consider getting your shot. If you have risk people that you come into contact with, it might also be a good idea to take the immunization.....