The Georgia Scorcher

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bluetwo, Jun 20, 2006.

1. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Holy G loads Batman. :wiggle:

I went on it last Sunday and the downhills were a little bit crazy. I'm pretty sure the G's were stronger than on the Goliath ride. That first downhill on Goliath was awesome though. I woulda rode it again if the line wasn't so damn bad.

2. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Yah, i really like scorcher, batman and superman. For some reason, on the goliath, i really didnt get that feeling in the pit of my stomach. it was a huge drop but i didnt feel anything :/

3. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Personally, I did'nt like the scorcher all that much I mean it's a good ride but not better than superman,batman,dejavu haven't ridden the Goliath yet tho.

4. jayj713

jayj713 Member

ive never ridden deja vu, it's never worked while ive been there.

5. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I got lucky and went on a weekday (called in sick) I rode everything I wanted back to back almost.

6. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

:eek:hnoes: thats not a good sign

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i love roller coasters... my favorite time is during halloween when 6 flags is open until midnight

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I think 6 Flags is pretty tame compared to other parks I've been to.... You guys need to try Cedar Point or Kings Island in Ohio. The newest ride in Cedar Point was over 300 feet tall and reached speeds of 90mph... Too bad its about a 10 hour drive from here.

9. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

300 feet would be pretty crazy. And I agree about Goliath not feeling so out of control but at least it wasn't a two second ride like some. Next time I go it'll definitely be on a weekday.

10. Goose013

Goose013 Member

dejavu kicks ass, when its running

11. RADON

RADON Member

Good old Cedar Point. I grew up less than 30 minutes from there and spent many a summer evening riding. Last summer I got to ride the 300', twas uber.

I like how Six Flags makes a big deal about their 200' coaster when Cedar Point built the first 200' back in 1989.

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Radon, are you talking about the Magnum2000 from 1989?? Can't remember what the new ones called(new meening about 3 years ago...). I still like the Gemini and the Corkscrew... Have you been to Kings Island and rode the one that goes backwords?

13. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

Aparently Six flags over georgia is very tame compared to every other park anywhere. Because there is an airport nearby so all the rides are limited to how high they can be. But it's still fuN!

14. RADON

RADON Member

The original: http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/rides/coasters/magnum/index.cfm

The uber: http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/rides/coasters/millennium_force/index.cfm
    I swear I could see Canada from the top :)

Never really hit Kings Island as CP was always so close.

15. Deke

Deke Active Member

yeah I can't wait for the day I actually go to cedar point. I think the favorite rollercoaster I've ever ridden was The Hulk at Islands of Adventure. It's ashame though, because all they really have is that and dueling dragons as far as rollercoasters are concerned. But they have some other good rides too.

16. jeb

jeb Member

Acrophobia at six flags is my personal favorite of any ride I've ever been on. I could ride that thing 10 times in a row and I think my heart would skip ever time when it throws me at the ground.

17. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i like to call the scorcher the testical terminator as it dominated my nuts after i got locked in it uncomforatbly.

18. jayj713

jayj713 Member

:rofl:

19. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

thats fuggin funny! :hahano: